Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Browning A-Bolt White Gold Medallion

Old 08-14-2004, 06:11 PM

Default Browning A-Bolt White Gold Medallion

I'm looking for anyone who may have the Browning White Gold Medallian.
I'm going to buy one, but I sure would like to see what scope anyone is using. I will probably be purchasing one of these two scopes, the Zeiss Conquest stainless, or the Leupold Var X III Gold Ring in a stainless model. Apparantly Swarovski does not make a stainless scope. I would like to know which make of scope matches the stainless steel color of the rifle barrel the best? Also which mounts did anyone use?
Kinda crazy question I know, but for what all this will be setting me back, I want it to look good too
None of the local gun shops can tell me for sure.

Thanks
Old 08-14-2004, 09:15 PM

Default RE: Browning A-Bolt White Gold Medallion

One of my best friends has one, in 7mag, and it shoots 1/2" groups with handloads. His scope is a Nikon SS Monarch, 6X16X50 I believe. A beautiful combination! They are just too pretty to take into the woods, IMO.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:46 PM

Worst mistake I made was selling my 300 win mag. I miss it so much. I had mounted and Vari-x III in silver. Simply put a beautiful piece of work. I kick myself once a year for it.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

My hunting partner has a White Gold in 7 rem mag topped with a vari xIII and leuy rings in matte black, looks fine. The SS conquest has the black caps, so if you wanted this scope on your rifle it may not look bad with matte rings. I use leuy rings for all my rifles but always buy matte black with wood/ss or synthetic/ss looks good to my eye. I recently saw a Savage wearing a VXII SS with SS leupold rings and to me the rings stood out(they seemed to have a gold tinge to them). I guess the best option would be head to the shop and see what works best to your own eye.

However I have a Zeiss Conquest and Vari X III, there is little doubt which is better optically the Zeiss. I recently compared the Conquest with the new VXIII and again picked the Zeiss(all are matte black).