Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Browning Gold Shotguns

Old 08-31-2004, 10:19 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Browning Gold Shotguns

mathews, I bet you buy the most expensive of everything don't ya, from bows, to shotguns, to rifles. I wouldn't doubt it if you had a weatherby accumark in your closet with a swarski sitting on top.

Old 08-31-2004, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Now BC ..they aren't exactly giving away Golds either...
Old 08-31-2004, 12:11 PM
bigcountry

I got mine for a respectable 600 dollars, and my 1187 for 500 dollars. Not bad I think. Just pokin some fun.

Seriously however, it seems several well know well trusted semi's that were chambered in 3", have trouble when they went up to 3.5". Even the 870 3.5" has had some bad runs. I don't take my duck hunting seriously enough to invest in a 3.5". And if I did, I would go to a 10Ga. I guess like everything, bugs have to come out.

Old 09-01-2004, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

BC,
I grew up with hand me downs so now that I have worked very hard to have a fairly good life....you bet I try to buy the best or at least better when it comes to my hobbies. The funny thing is that the Gold hunter I bought was $840 new (no rebate) and the Benelli new was $800. Two different places however.
I will never rip on Browning. I love there A-bolt, buckmark, BPS (I own the 10-gauge). I have two friends in my hunting group that I recommended to get Golds because they only upland hunt and wanted the 3 1/2 for dry land goose hunting. They didn't want to spend $1200 for a SBE.

No Weatherby's in the safe. Remington 700, Winchester 70 featherlight (won this year at the NRA banquet- never won anything prior) and a TC Omega. I don't have scopes on either the Winchester or Omega. I can't swing a Swarovski but I am seriously looking at there Kahles line. Bow is simple- 32" draw really limits the choices of bow maunufactures.

I know from past strings that BC is only kidding and I really enjoy reading his comments.
I'm not even close to wealthy but I hate rebuying any product. I would rather save for 5 years to buy something I really want (like my O/U) than buy something that I may have to rebuy in a short time.

I hope someday to be as wealthy as BC may think I am. I will work for that goal.

BUSH '04

-Mathewsconquest2
Old 09-01-2004, 02:28 PM
bigcountry

If I did not have to rebuy things, what would i complain about? Then there would be no questions, no answer, no forums.

Old 09-02-2004, 07:00 AM

Bigcountry

I have had my Gold for 3 years and have never had a problem. I use it with magnum duck and goose loads and can't speak to upland loads.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

BC your not one of them there Browning Zealots that drive around with the buckmark on the back window of their truck ?
Old 09-02-2004, 08:10 AM
bigcountry

Actually a tattoo on my arm. If your going to bear, be a grizzly. Go all the way. So I am pretty committed. No, seriously, I don't have the tattoo on my arm, but two of my friends do. I don't believe in advertising for free for people. I have rode a harley for 12 years, and still refuse to put the emblems on my vehicles or thier garb around the house.

I do have the Easton Archery Deer skull on my arm however. Figured thats not really advertising.

The word browning brings back a whole lot of memories for me. Only shotgun, my grandfather or uncles shot. The A-5. Thats the reason I collect them. Now, I was dead set against the jap rifles as you know, until I bought a medallion mint for 480 dollars and its the best gun I got. So I was wrong. Now I got my Gold, and am very happy with it as a slug gun. But then I don't need an auto for deer. If it wasn't for the ease of loading, it wouldn't have any more appeal than a 11-87. Thats the only draw back of the berretta 390. I hate the loading. Its the little things.

Old 09-02-2004, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm going to have the wife sew the Sako 75 patch on my jacket
Old 09-02-2004, 08:28 AM
bigcountry

Thats not commitment, get some ink. You know I made a rule for my life. Before I get married again. I have trust this person enough to have thier name tattoo'd on me. Guess I am going to be a single guy for a long time.

Quick Reply: Browning Gold Shotguns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.