Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Ideal Goose and Duck gun?

Old 06-17-2004, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ideal Goose and Duck gun?

I am also a Browing fan and I like pumps so I would go with the BPS12 gauge that shoot 3.5 inch shells. I have the 10 gauge and have never had a bit of problems!
Old 06-17-2004, 07:01 AM

I had a Nova and it was a great shotgun .....especially for the money !

But I got a SBE and.....man......it's awesome !! But don't be a dumb@$$ like me and not read the owner's manual closely ! The SBE has plates in the rear stock that can be changed out to fit different folks shooting styles and sizes ! Everyone of my friend's guns came in with the "A" plates installed.........I happened to be the guy to get one from the factory with "C" plates installed !!

Anyway.........I cussed the gun up one end and down the other......not because of any problems......but because I missed about everything I shot at ! Finally a guy on here told me what the problem was and I changed plates ! Good to go now and shooting awesome !!

Love the SBE !! Just giving some info. to consider if you get one !
Old 06-17-2004, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

The SBE is a fine choice for waterfowl. If that's the one YOU like then get it. It does have some quirks you will need to get used to. I also like the Browning Gold 3 1/2" better. The Winchester is similar, but parts are not interchageable. Plus the Gold has a magazine cutoff and the speed load feature that the SX2 does not. The SX2 is also a good option as well as the Beretta Xtrema and Franchi 912. I like the 3 1/2" models better than 3" models for waterfowl. They give slightly more power and tend to weigh a little more wich helps smooth my swing. Look at and hold as many as you can, then pick the one YOU like the best.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:04 PM

The SBE II is the way to go. Yeah they have got a big price tag but it is a one time cost. they are reliable durable and just and all around great gun. I haven't got to use the new for '04 SBE II but I have heard nothing but good news so far.