Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Benelli, Franchi, Beretta, Please Help????

Old 04-22-2004, 02:35 PM

Default Benelli, Franchi, Beretta, Please Help????

I am a poor college student that wants to make a solid purchase, I have found a store around albany NY that sells the Benelli M1 Field for 850 new, and I am willing to spend that kind of money. I just want to know that I really should and that I am going to see a solid difference between the Benelli and a Franchi model 612 or the Beretta sold at wal mart. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Woody
Old 04-22-2004, 06:50 PM

Default RE: Benelli, Franchi, Beretta, Please Help????

Benelli all the way. The others are great guns, but the Benelli is a step above in my opinion. If you don't mind the price, why not add another couple of hundred and go all the way with the Super Black Eagle. You'll never need another shotgun.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:05 PM

Thanks Danny I am stretching the bank as it is although I know what you mean. 3 and 1/2's are fun rounds, I just can't afford the gun to cycle them.........
Old 04-22-2004, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

Benelli, Franchi and Beretta are all made by Beretta. I own a Benelli Nova pump 3.5 inch and I love it. It is only about $360. If I was going to get a semi auto it would be the Benelli SBE if not it would be the Nova.
Old 04-24-2004, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

They would all be good guns. I would probably go with the Franchi because of its great price and quality. Although that is the one that I know most about. Good luck with whichever one you choose.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:03 AM

I think it depends on what you want to use the gun for. I bought the Wally world special Beretta mostly for duck hunting and couldn't be happier. It's basically the old AL 390 without the fancy features. It has been reliable so far. It doesn't like Kent shells though. I also own a Benelli Nova that I use for turkey hunting...it too is a great gun. The finish is very durable. With the Beretta...I wanted an automatic but couldn't see paying a lot for an auto that was going to get abused. Duck hunting as well as most other hunting situations are hard on a shotgun...water, banging around in blinds and boats, mud, etc. I know friends and other duck hunters that have had problems with their Benelli Super Black Eagles...they don't function well while wet and some don't cycle light loads real well.

That being said...for the money I would proabablyt go with a Beretta Extrema or a Browning Gold. I think the Benell SBE is over priced.

Good luck with your choice.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

The bretta pintail is on the cheaper side of autos and realy take the abuse.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:46 PM

i would either wait and buy the SBE or buy the Nova and get the SBE a few years down the road; not sure if you realize it, the Nova handles 3.5 inchers.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:49 PM

know friends and other duck hunters that have had problems with their Benelli Super Black Eagles...they don't function well while wet and some don't cycle light loads real well.
I've heard somewhere about that, maybe another post you did. I've never had mine hiccup, and it's been in some pretty nasty hunting situations. Also, shoots light loads great. I shot it sometimes because I was better with it than I was with my Franchi Veloce O/U 20 gauge on the skeet range.

The only thing I have against Browning Gold, Beretta, or any gas operated semi-auto is you have to keep them meticulously clean. Especially the gas port. If you don't, you may as well take a single shot with you.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:02 PM

The only thing I have against Browning Gold, Beretta, or any gas operated semi-auto is you have to keep them meticulously clean.
Yes you're right about that...sometimes that is the case. My Beretta is that way but it needs only a few cleanings during the season. Ususally one good one right before the season then a few during the season and a good one after the season. Depends on how many times I drop it in a mud hole. Sometimes my Beretta ejects the shells faster than I can pull the dang trigger.

Both are great guns. I just prefer the gas operated auto.

Quick Reply: Benelli, Franchi, Beretta, Please Help????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.