Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

best gun brand?

Old 04-06-2004, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: best gun brand?

Remington!
Old 04-06-2004, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is a very very difficult question to answer. If I had to pick one without $$$$ being an option, it would be weatherby for a production rifle. Ruger makes awesome rifles that are much more affordable. As far as the best overall, there are too many custum rifles to even compare that sure are better than factroy rifles.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:32 PM

I bought a 870 wingmaster this year and it had the nicest piece of would I had ever seen. As good as any browning or beretta.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Remingtons for me.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:12 AM

Other then a custom gun Id say Sako for sure. I never hear much negative things said about them and they're not much more then high end remingtons or winchester. I hear alot of comments about remingtons, and Browning quality going down hill and problems with winchester, Tikka, Ruger, ect ect but never Sako. I never have owned a Sako but am going to buy a Sako 75 Varmint in a 308 in the next month( I hope)
Cheers!!
Old 04-08-2004, 01:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Off the shelf they all have good and bad points. I have owned several brand rifles and most have been a good investment. I owned a wby and while it was a work of art it functioned no better than a run of the mill rem, winchester, etc and shot no better groups(in fact worse than many offer today). As a result and the price I would opt for a custom or Sako. However if your thinking high end like a weatherby or Sako, due some checking on what a custom gun will run you, then you get exactly what you want(possibly for similar or less money). Being left handed I built my 7 rem mag on 700 action for the same cake as a sako stock rifle and I surely don't feel less superior for doing so. If your going to buy a mid-range off the shelf, tit for tat, just buy the one that feels right to you!!!!.. I know many of happy owners of rem, win, ruger, tikka, browning, savage and the list goes on
Old 04-08-2004, 06:17 AM

winchester
Old 04-09-2004, 06:45 AM

imho the ruger m-77 series is one of the best for the money i have 3 and have had not had a problem with none of them
Old 04-09-2004, 12:15 PM

I own a Savage Model 110 .243 and I love it. Savage makes a good gun, although some ppl tend to leave them out. I cant be fer sure, but I think my ultimate dream bolt action rifle would be a Winchester Model 70 Compact in .243 . That would be one sweet gun. So I would go with Savage and Winchester.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:19 PM

they are all good and the more the better it makes ya feel. i have remington,ruger,savage,interarms,browning, and thompson center.

Quick Reply: best gun brand?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.