Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

what type of barrel would you buy???

Old 03-22-2004, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: what type of barrel would you buy???

OK, THAT DOES IT!!!!!!

YOU WENT AND SAID THE W-WORD!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope my wife didnt hear you say that. She might come up with something else for me to do other than finish the barn that I am building......

Hey thanks for the reply.
Leroy
Old 03-22-2004, 01:14 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: what type of barrel would you buy???

I went with Krieger with two guns. Had bad experience with Douglas and knew one of the guys who worked there once when I lived near Charleston, WV. They made good on bad barrel but once bitten type of thing. I have no complaines out of my krieger barrels but they do copper foul with my 300RUM a tad more than I expected but a whole, whole lot less than factory remington barrels. I will go with Dan Lilja or Shelen next time. All of my friends seem to love them and copper fouling if very minimal. I wouldn't hesitate to go with Krieger again either. All of the premium barrel makers have simular prices and simular lead times.

But on the other hand, Melvin Forbes that makes the NUL, only uses Douglas. And he makes some tack drivers. But there is alot of gunsmiths out there that refuses to put a Douglas on thier guns. Including one's father who frequents this site quite often.

One thing about the krieger, is they seem to build pressure more than the other makers do . I am not sure if its the single point cutting they do, but I can't reach most max loads in either gun, but could with factory barrels.