Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Taurus Millenium?

Old 02-25-2004, 05:57 PM

Default Taurus Millenium?

Conceal carry goes legal here in April. Shopping around for a stainless,compact and reliable weapon? Is the Taurus it? I hear great things about Glock too. Want to stay around the 400 to 500$ range.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Taurus Millenium?

Go with a Glock Compac.They're not stainless steel but have a virtually rust proof coating. The Polymer Frame holds up well.A new Baby Glock will set you back a little over 500.00 but well worth the extra money. I use a Glock M-27 40 cal.I can carry it all day and never know I have it on. Glad your CCW passed in Ohio.I visit Ohio once a year. It would be nice if they Honor other states CCW. Is there any mention if they'll honor other states CCW's???????????

Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-26-2004, 06:01 AM

Hi Ruger-Redhawk,

You might be able to get the information you're looking for about reciprocity at the following site:

http://www.packing.org/

Once you go to the state....then Ohio....you will see as of now there is little in reciprocity as of yet. But there are links to Ohio specific pages that may provide some more information. Plus it is likely as information and, or future agreements are reached.....they will be posted here quickly. Plus I believe they provide a POC for questions.

Hope it helps!

Dave
Old 02-26-2004, 06:08 AM

Hi Pale Rider,

The Taurus is a reliable gun.....and substantially less expensive than the Glock. But without a doubt....the Glock is more refined! If you can afford the difference the Glock warrants it. There are any number of other guns that are similar to either the Taurus or Glock in their ability to provide reliable CCW choices and within your price parameters. I'd suggest go out to your local vendors and handle as many prospects as possible.....and go from there.

Additionally there is a significant amount of information concerning availablily, reliability, concealability, online. Research this informaiton prior to actually handling the weapons to provide background information regarding those issues.

And best of all.....if you have a local facility that will actually "rent" firearms....spend a few bucks and try several of the "finalist".....to see if you have an actual shooting preference!

Best of luck with your decision!

Dave
Old 02-26-2004, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: akbound

Hi Ruger-Redhawk,

You might be able to get the information you're looking for about reciprocity at the following site:

http://www.packing.org/

Once you go to the state....then Ohio....you will see as of now there is little in reciprocity as of yet. But there are links to Ohio specific pages that may provide some more information. Plus it is likely as information and, or future agreements are reached.....they will be posted here quickly. Plus I believe they provide a POC for questions.

Hope it helps!

Dave

Hi AKbound, Thanks for the site. I've been to it several times.I just thought Pale Rider might have heard something.All the states I have to travel through to Ohio honors Florida's CCW's.I still have it with me (not concealed ) in Ohio,but it would be nice not having to worry about being hassled if pulled over.I also go to Illinois every year. That's a whole different ball game there. I play it smart in IL. I play hide the gun.LOL.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-26-2004, 04:44 PM

Ruger Redhawk, Im not sure about your question. I know the county sheriff departments are taking care of the permits. Here are non-emergency numbers for a few.
Franklin Co. 614-462-3333
Fairfield Co. 614-837-2499
Licking Co. 740-349-6400
Thanks guys for the input.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:32 PM

I also go to Illinois every year. That's a whole different ball game there. I play it smart in IL. I play hide the gun.LOL.
Ruger Redhawk
Oh nooooooo.......... Not the People's Republic of Illinois......I feel your pain!

Dave
Old 03-01-2004, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a millenium and I really like it. I blow thru about 200 rds a month with it. Lots of people really like glocks though. The important thing like others have said is to shoot the one that feels good to you.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a Taurus Millenium 9mm but I never did get used to the trigger. It was long, creepy and heavy. I solved the problem though. Traded it for a Glock 26. Just wished I had gotten the Glock in the first place.