Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Ruger Accuracy

Old 02-09-2004, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ruger Accuracy

Another...

Old 02-09-2004, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another...

Old 02-09-2004, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 02-09-2004, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 02-09-2004, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 02-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

And finally...a picture of the rifle that shot those "absolutely horrible" groups...

My pride and joy...

Old 02-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

driftrider,
You should be ashamed of yourself for keeping a rifle that shoots that "poorly." I think you should just go ahead and send it to me!!!!
Old 02-10-2004, 02:04 PM

You'll find good ones and bad ones in about any brand, but of the choices you mentioned I'd put the Rugers in 4th place in the average accuracy dept.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Driftrider you can't do better then that?LOL..,.Nice shooting .A rifle can only be as accurate as the shooter will allow.No matter how good equipment they have is or ammunition they're using. It's the shooter who makes it or breaks it.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-10-2004, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Driftrider you can't do better then that?LOL..,.Nice shooting .
Yeah, I couldn't shoot my way out of a wet paper sack! [8D]

But you are right that the rifle is only as good as the skill of the idiot behind the trigger. I don't make excuses for my shooting skill (or lack thereof), but if I of all people can shoot those groups, then the rifle MUST be doing its part.

I'm going to get myself a nicer rest to support the rifle this spring. The bipod works ok, but it still leaves a lot of room for shooter induced error.

The one target that has the one shot hole marked "called flyer" really wasn't my fault, though. When I got to the range that day the only bench open was right next to another guy who was shooting a Browning A-bolt .300WinMag with the BOSS brake on it (any wonder why the bench next to him was unoccupied?). Anyway, he was apparently working up handloads and was being conscious of his barrel temp, so he'd only shoot once every couple minutes. I was trying to time my shots to be between his because every time he fired the noise and muzzleblast would make ME flinch. Anyway, that one shot happened to be the one I didn't time to well and broke right as he shot. Kindof ticked me off too, because it would have been an awesome group if the last shot was in it.

Mike

Quick Reply: Ruger Accuracy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.