Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

broken stock, help!

Old 02-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default broken stock, help!

got stupid last spring, used my mossberg 835 crowngrade as a nine-iron on a porkupine. broke the !@#%$#& stock, guess i deserved that! but, i contacted mossberg, they don't make that kind of stock( roughly 6-8 years old) anymore. can't stand the look of the honey colored, or synthetic stocks. does anyone know where i might be able to get a replacement stock exactly like i broke?
Old 02-07-2004, 12:01 AM

Default RE: broken stock, help!

First of all, you're supposed to use the other end for killing,but since you now have that figured out, I'd look into buying another just like the old one.If you can find one for a good price, you'll have alot of spare parts, which could come in very handy down the road.Other than that, you may be limited to getting one custom made, which ain't really a bad thing
Old 02-09-2004, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

Go to a gun show. There are usually several booths at a gun show that carries replacement stocks. I found a replacement for a Remoington 742 that hadn't been made for 20 years or so at one.

Do a search on the internet and see how much a custom stock would cost you. You could always buy the hooney colored one, sand it down, restain it, and refinish it if you like. It isn't that difficult to do. Ask around your local gun shop for a few names and you might even find someone that will help you out refinishing it. That's a good way to get in touch ith some people with the know how.

Good luck!
Matt
Old 02-16-2004, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

Try these.

http://www.brownells.com
http://www.gun-parts.com
http://www.e-gunparts.com

Between the 3, you should be able to find a butt stock. Just don't go using it a 9 iron on anymore porcipines!
Old 02-19-2004, 06:05 AM
Typical Buck

...GLUE IT.....GORRILA GLUE...IT WILL GLUE ANYTHING...