Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

cartridge scope combination?

Old 10-23-2003, 08:43 PM

Default RE: cartridge scope combination?

[quote]bigbulls [/quote

I agree with bigbulls . Go to a gun shop and just start looking though the scopes. Look at the high priced and low priced see how much difference you can see. some may be darker some lighter, brighter. I did and ended up with a bushnell 3200 rain guard, fire fly reticle. I started out wanting a Leupold.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:44 PM

i have hunted with a tasco 2-7 world class for 13 years with out changing anything. i belive you can get one for under 150
Old 11-04-2003, 12:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gun great choice, caliber well personally if it were me and a 7 mag I would opt for the standard 7mm rem mag(the money you save in ammo you can buy the scope you really want and be happy!)

As far as scope I agree I would look at a Bushnell Elite 3200 or a Burris ffII rather than the vx1. I own 2 loopy scopes and they have been great but they are also VarixIII' s. I also own Bushnell Elites and Burris (sig. series) which have been equally good. All scopes come with lifetime warranty and the elite is very clear for the cash with some enhanced features like raingaurd and fast focus eyepiece. Burris gets the edge in eyerelief which maybe a consideration on a mag and i have found the FFII I have looked through are crisp.

Whatever you do top it off with good quality rings and mounts (ie Loopy or Burris Sig Series) and you' ll be fine.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I forgot I would opt for the 3x9x40, not only will it give you the option to increase the power for long range or target range shooting but it will also provide more light gathering capabilities at those critical moments of first few and last few mins of the day due to the larger objective(40MM).
Old 11-04-2003, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I' m a long time Leupold user but before spending 200 on a VX-1 I would buy a Bushnell 3200 without thinking twice 3x9x40.... A whole lot more scope than the Leupy
Old 11-10-2003, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

I have heard great things about the Bushnell 3200 for that price range.
I have heard the fire fly recticle is a bit thick compared to the other rectiles.

Has anyone noticed this?
Old 11-10-2003, 10:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bill looked through a firefly and agree, IMO it is to thick for my liking. Plus the need to illuminate it with a flashlight really gives me a gimmick feel to it. Personally having used the standard 3200 it performs well during legal hours here (1/2 hour before-1/2 after). If your doing some varmit hunting at night(if legal) it would be an OK choice, other than that I really don' t see the need.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:40 PM

CABAGE....i just got that exact same gun last week and my leupold vx-II 3-9x40 came in today. i' m gonna be sighting this baby in on friday afternoon. i cant help you with the difference in the scopes but ill defintely be letting everyone know how it performs. check back if you' ve got time to spare.
Old 11-29-2003, 07:48 PM

I' ve hunted with Bushnells and recently started using a VX-I. Quality glass really gathers the light. Which is the difference imo in a quality scope and cheaper ones. You can' t shoot what you can' t see. Nothing bad to say about the Leupy although I did like the click adjustments but you get used to it.
Old 11-30-2003, 04:46 AM

I recently did a hands on comparison between the VX-I and the Bushnell 3200. The 3200 was far clearer and brighter than the VX-I. I honestly feel you are paying for the name with the VX-I and the 3200 is a better scope.

As previously mentioned, do yourself a favor and go to the store and look through all the scopes that fit your budget. Go with an open mind and not predisposed about this brand or that and you' ll end up with a nice scope.

If you could raise your budget by 75 to 100 dollars that would really open up your choices though. Don' t shortchange yourself by looking through cheap glass. In my opinion, the scope is just as important if not more important than the make and model of the gun you carry. Also...no cheap rings. Good luck...Jim

Quick Reply: cartridge scope combination?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.