Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

remington 700 mountain rifle..awfull trigger

Old 08-26-2003, 06:32 PM

Default remington 700 mountain rifle..awfull trigger

i tried to adjust my trigger, via different methods offered on the internet,and alas, i have gotten a much nicer ,lighter ,trigger,after putting several hours into it....but the trigger is so damn creepy....i have a winchester model 70 that has a great crisp trigger.....ive tried everything with the spring tension screw and the overtravel screw....creep,creep,creep....do i neeed a gunsmith to eliminate this creep???
Old 08-27-2003, 12:56 PM

Default RE: remington 700 mountain rifle..awfull trigger

One of the best things about a Remington is that just about any good gunsmith can really make the trigger shine!!! Take it to one and you' ll have a great trigger in no time.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: remington 700 mountain rifle..awfull trigger

The secret to getting the creep out for me was to adjust the sear engagement screw which I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DON' T TOUCH!!!!, unless you absolutely and without a doubt know what you' re doing. Remington also warns against messing with that screw! Best thing to do is take it to a competent gunsmith and let him do it. I have adjusted all my remington triggers without touching the sear engagement screw with the exception of one that i just absolutely could not get to adjust to my taste. I could get the poundage down but had lots of creep so a little tweeking on the sear screw took care of it but the sear screw also is the one that drops the firing pin so if your not familiar with a trigger again i say DON' T TOUCH IT!! . I have found that the older remingtons adjust very nicely compared to the newer ones. I have seen some of the newer remingtons that the trigger was a real pain and just absolutely would not adjust no matter what i did so i just snatched them out and installed a Timney...problem solved! Good Luck!
Old 08-29-2003, 04:14 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]