Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

New Weatherby Sub MOA

Old 03-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Spike

Default New Weatherby Sub MOA

I just bought a Vangaurd Matte Sub MOA in 7mm-08 , for 840.$$ out the door. My first question is was this a good price for this gun? on there web page they list for 1019$$ This is my first Weatherby Rifle , is Weatherby a good rifle and will this gun shoot sub moa 0.88 inch at 100yds as though weatherby claims, will mostly be using the gun for whitetail deer in wisconsin, the gun will be used by my 16yr old daughter, should be a good low recoil gun for her in 7mm-o8 I hope?
Old 03-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by jerry d; 03-06-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: answered the same question in guns forum
Old 03-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default Vanguard Sub-MOA

That's real close to the price in my area. The rifles are made by Howa to Weatherby specs. They are good rifles and good values for the price offering good features. I will be using the action from my rifle for a custom build. My Dad has a Vanguard in 257 Weatherby that isn't a SUB-MOA but it shoots sub moa once he had it free floated and bedded. I bought him a Timney trigger for Xmas and he is very pleased.