Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Anyone have a 2" Taurus 94 - what's the accuracy like?

Old 02-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Spike

Default Anyone have a 2" Taurus 94 - what's the accuracy like?

Looking into a light compact trail gun.

I know Taurus's reputation on quality so that's really not my question as much as the accuracy.

What's the accuracy like out of a little snub nose say off a bench at 25 yards?

And offhand, it is as accurate as you are? Can the gun roll a soda can at 25 yards most of the time?

thanks
Old 02-19-2011, 07:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know it you meant that comment about Taurus' quality as an insult or compliment but watever. As with anything, you can get a lemon. But I would suspect the if you did your part, the accuracy would be 'good enough' for your purpose depending on how well you shoot.
Regardless if its a 2" or 8" barrel, the accuracy would be the same. The problem with the shorter barrel is human error. With the longer barrel, your sight radius is longer and therefore more forgiving of minor sighting errors.
If you want a compact trail gun and want to hit what your shooting at at close range, why not get a Judge UL? If I were to get a rimfire revolver to carry, I would get a 22LR instead of the 22WMR. It would be less costly to shoot and would cleanly dispatch rabbits, squirrel etc if needed. And it would be almost as effective as the WMR as a self defense weapon. Shooting a 22WMR at an angry bear would IMO just tick him off more.

Last edited by bronko22000; 02-19-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Have the model 94 22 Lr in the 4 inch barrel- shootsrealwelll imo including at 25 yrds
Old 03-19-2011, 03:17 PM
Dominant Buck

I have a 2 inch barrell snub nosed taurus..I can't find the number 94 on it..It cost me 400.00

It has a rose wood handle and the gun is gloss black. The trigger , hammer and cylinder disengager is gold. I've only shot it at about 15 yds..I was hitting a soda can. Great gun for carrying ...After research..it's the Taurus 85

TAURUS Ultra-Lite

Last edited by Chuck7; 03-19-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by curtism1234
Looking into a light compact trail gun.

I know Taurus's reputation on quality so that's really not my question as much as the accuracy.

What's the accuracy like out of a little snub nose say off a bench at 25 yards?

And offhand, it is as accurate as you are? Can the gun roll a soda can at 25 yards most of the time?

thanks
Taurus=quality, Ya don't hear that to often, (although They are getting better) if you are locked in on a .22 I would kick in the extra $ and get a S&W 617, There is very little risk in a 617. I personaly am a big fan of the .22wrm. also do not discount the new Ruger .327
jmop Doc