Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.
View Poll Results: Which is better T/C Venture of Mossburg 4X4
T/c Venture .270
36.36%
Mossburg 4X4 .270
9.09%
Remington 700 .270
54.55%
T/C Venture .270 WSM
0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mosssburg 4X4 or T/C Venture

Old 02-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Spike

Default Mosssburg 4X4 or T/C Venture

I am going to buy one of these guns in 270. Not sure which to buy. I like the muzzle break of the 4X4 but like the name of T/C. i currently own a T/C Triumph ML and love it!!! Does the muzzle break make that big of a difference in recoil? Not that I will need it for a 270 but still. i like the look of the 4X4 but i think i am drawn to the Venture. what is everyone's opinion of these two guns? Any insight would be helpful.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would take the Venture over the Mossberg without a doubt. In your poll though you have a Remington 700 listed? I would take it over the Mossberg too. In fact the 700 would give you more options to customize later on down the road.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Typical Buck

My best friend has a .270win Venture, and it's a great gun. Right out of the box it handles well and shoots great. I don't think the muzzle break on the .270 will do much more than blow your ears out. The .270 isn't a big thumper to start with. I'm a Mossberg guy, but my experience is limited to scatterguns. I've shot the Venture and I couldn't think of any way of getting anything better for around that price.

rw
Old 02-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never been a fan of anything Mossberg but that's personal choice. I like T/C but with them in the current state they're in, I'd be leery about them too. I do know one person with one and he's very happy with it though.

I certainly would worry about the looks, the game animal sure won't. Muzzle break...pass. On a .270 pass even more. I'd look at a 3rd option.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

check out the weatherby vanguards