Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Good Beginning Muzzleloader?

Old 12-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Spike

Default Good Beginning Muzzleloader?

I am looking into muzzleloading and am wondering what muzzleloaders are good for someone who is just getting started? I have heard good things the T/C Omega. My buget is $400 and under. Inaddtion, my state requires a exposed primer (WA).
Old 12-24-2010, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Omega is an excellent choice. I have enjoyed my stainless synthetic stock Omega. My experience with T/C has been positive as well. I have an old T/C Wite Mountain Carbine, the Omega, and a T/C Icon bolt action rifle. Have been very pleased with all of them.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

Check out the black powder section on this Forum. Lots of good info and good guys who shoot a lot and know what they are talking about. I have an Omega, it's a good gun. I would not recommend it for shooting conical.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:06 AM
Fork Horn

Omega is a great gun. You can certainly buy cheaper guns, but you pay for what you get. I dont remember if it comes in stainless, but for a beginner stainless is much more forgiving. On the other hand, you can argue the blue teaches a beginner to clean it right!
If you like the Omega, dont worry about looking further...you cant go wrong.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/northwest_explorer.php
Old 12-26-2010, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Colorado Cajun
Check out the black powder section on this Forum. Lots of good info and good guys who shoot a lot and know what they are talking about. I have an Omega, it's a good gun. I would not recommend it for shooting conical.
+1

I posted a thread in the Black Powder forum called "Clueless about Muzzleloaders" and got a ton of excellent replies.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...leloaders.html

I want to pick up a T/C or CVA or Traditions muzzleloader and get really proficient with it before next season comes around. I have lots of time to check them all out and see which was is the best one that just says "take me home".