Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

I Got The Savage 220F

Old 12-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I Got The Savage 220F

I went to Cabela's this afternoon they had the camo 220F with a Bushnell scope for $550, I didn't like the scope plus I have a Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 that I will put on this shotgun. They looked into their stock and found that just yesterday one black stock/blue barrel 220F came in for $450 so I took it. I had gift cards & coupon from Cabela's that I got in the mail yesterday, I saved $372, after taxes I paid $109 which I used my Cabela's Visa points. As far as ammo, as you all know they are out of stock with the Remington Accu-Tips
Old 12-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
I went to Cabela's this afternoon they had the camo 220F with a Bushnell scope for $550, I didn't like the scope plus I have a Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 that I will put on this shotgun. They looked into their stock and found that just yesterday one black stock/blue barrel 220F came in for $450 so I took it. I had gift cards & coupon from Cabela's that I got in the mail yesterday, I saved $372, after taxes I paid $109 which I used my Cabela's Visa points. As far as ammo, as you all know they are out of stock with the Remington Accu-Tips
Congratulations on the new slugger. Sounds like you got a great deal! I'm sure you will be much happier with the VX-II then the Bushnell. Gonna post any pics of the gun?
Old 12-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will, but she is still in the box without a scope, I'm in no rush to get it mounted
Old 12-04-2010, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
I will, but she is still in the box without a scope, I'm in no rush to get it mounted

I'm just the opposite when it comes to new guns. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning that can't wait to open everything!
Old 12-04-2010, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for the size and quality of the picture, it was taken with my cell phone

The Leupold VX-II scopes are on the top of my list, I have them on almost every gun I own
Attached Thumbnails I Got The Savage 220F-savage-220f.jpg  

Last edited by BOWHUNTERCOP; 12-04-2010 at 06:04 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:12 AM
Typical Buck

Old 12-06-2010, 04:14 AM
Typical Buck

I put a little orange duct tape around the bottom of my clip. I know the sometime I am going to drop it somewhere and hopefully that will help me find it. This is my girl from 220 yards complete pass through.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Which bases and mounts for this shotgun work best?