Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Buckshot?

Old 11-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Spike

Default Buckshot?

wanted to shoot some buckshot loads through my shotgun and was wondering if ur supposed to have a certain choke or barrel before doing so.....thanks for helpin me out.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:51 AM
Spike

a modified choke would be fine.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:44 AM
Fork Horn

If you are looking into actually hunting with buckshot, you should check your local laws because I am not aware of any state that allows buckshot still. I haven't researched all the states, but the several that I have hunted in, don't allow it.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by ajstrider
If you are looking into actually hunting with buckshot, you should check your local laws because I am not aware of any state that allows buckshot still. I haven't researched all the states, but the several that I have hunted in, don't allow it.
no i was gunna use it for shooting people. (home protection)
Old 11-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Snipe4Food
no i was gunna use it for shooting people. (home protection)
Coffee on the computer screen.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

For home defense I keep my IC choke tube in for 00 buck. Unless you have a very large house, the farthest you'll likely shoot at an intruder is 30 feet (10 yards). At that range even cylinder bore will likely put every pellet into a man if your aim is true.

But any choke except maybe the extra full turkey chokes are safe to shoot buckshot through.

Mike
Old 11-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by driftrider
For home defense I keep my IC choke tube in for 00 buck. Unless you have a very large house, the farthest you'll likely shoot at an intruder is 30 feet (10 yards). At that range even cylinder bore will likely put every pellet into a man if your aim is true.

But any choke except maybe the extra full turkey chokes are safe to shoot buckshot through.

Mike
Thanks for answering my question guys. Hope u dont get the wrong idea with the whole killing people thing.....
Old 11-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would never hold any man in contempt who is forced to take lethal action to protect his family and home from a dangerous intruder. Only the coward who stands by and does nothing deserves ridicule. Don't feel bad about wanting to protect your home and family... God hardwired us that way.

Mike
Old 11-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are looking into actually hunting with buckshot, you should check your local laws because I am not aware of any state that allows buckshot still. I haven't researched all the states,
new jersey is buck shot country. kills em deaderr than dead.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alabama allows you to hunt with buckshot,i would rather hunt with a scoped rifle though.unless it some real thick stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.