Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Can somone price this Tikka.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never had any reason to doubt the toughness of my T3's magazine. It seemed sturdy enough. Considering that the plastic might actually make it more durable since it'll give a little and spring back, and in a pinch could be fixed with superglue. A bent or crushed metal magazine is useless.

Just make sure you don't lose the original magazine. Replacement T3 mags start at $65 and go up from there, and they pretty much have to be ordered.

The T3 is a good rifle. I had a T3 Lite in 300 WSM. It shot great, but it kicked like a mule on steroids, so I sold it.

Mike
Old 01-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one of the discontinued Tikka Whitetail Hunters in 7 Mag.It has the same plastic magazine.It's been awhile ago I was looking for an extra magazine for it.I didn't even find it on the Beretta site. I don't know if one of the other Tikka model's magazines will fit it or not.If anyone knows for sure I'd appreciate knowing.Using factory ammo it was keeping a 1" group @100 yards.

This Tikka is the only one I own and I do like it. It's such a big rifle it isn't what I would recommend hunting out of a shoot shack or close quarters.That might be one reason they dropped it.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

I picked up a Tikka T3 Lite in a .308 three years ago with the Blued finish!! Love that gun!!! It was a real tack driver right out of the box!! It's light weight and recoil make it a personal favorite for here in NYS. I love that Plastic magazine clip as well, it won't ever rust!! As long as you don't drop it onto concrete, it shouldn't be an issue!! Trust me, you'll love that gun!! I bought mine at the local Gander Mountain as well, no issues!!