Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Benelli M2 vs. Beretta Urika

Old 07-29-2008, 08:26 PM

Default Benelli M2 vs. Beretta Urika

I have been thinking of getting a new semi-auto for a couple of years now and now want to pull the trigger. No pun intended. I had a Benelli Super Black Eagle1 and sold it. i wish I never did. I really like the way the M2 feels. I have not held a Urika yet but have heard great things about it. Is the Urika smaller than the Extrema2? I was considering the Extrema 2 but it is too big for me and I don't see the need for 3 1/2 even for ducks. So what are yalls take on the named guns?[/align]This gun will be used for deer, turkey,doves and ducks.[/align]
Old 07-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Benelli M2 vs. Beretta Urika

I got a Benelli M2 last year and have been using it alot this year shooting trap and sporting clays. It has been working out really well. The Berreta is gas operated and the Benelli is inertia operated. Both are great shotguns. I say go with whichever fits you better. My buddy has the Urika, and the few times that I have shot it, the buttalways seems to hitmy cheek hard. Recoil seams to be equal between the two.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

BBQ Boy,
You are awarethat there are differentshims you can use between the butt of the stock and the recoil pad.
I am 5'6" so I removed ALL of them and the Extrema fits megreat now even with a heavy jacket.
The 3 1/2" mags work great for geese and turkeys (glad to have the option available).
ONLYONE down side; Gas guns need thorough cleaning more often than inertia semi-auto's.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Either one you mentioned will work great for the purposes you mentioned. Shoulder the Urika, and see which one fits best.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own a Benelli M1 and SBE II. Both are fine shotguns. The Inertia Bolt will keep on working under more conditions, even after you've put many more rounds through it say on a long hunt that any gas operated shotgun I know of. Benellis are known to stay reliable under far less than ideal conditions.