Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

savage10ml vs t/c triumph?

Old 01-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Spike

Default savage10ml vs t/c triumph?

new to ml and went to alocal dealer to check out the triumph. The dealer kept trying to push the savage on me. Can any one give a review on either on, good, bad, or indifferent?

Old 01-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: savage10ml vs t/c triumph?

These 2 sights should give you an insight to what smokeless is all about.
http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB/
http://dougva.proboards34.com/index.cgi?board=Savage
IMO once you go smokless you'll never go back. The savage stock (commonly refered to as tupperware) is a poor stock for such a fine rifle, but so is what tikka's sit in. The only draw back I can come up with is that you have to weight your charges, you can use lee dippers or so the book says but most weigh their charges.The vent liner is sort of a pain but you save in powder so you can but a new vent liner every 100 rounds or so You don't have the mess, you can put it away and worry about getting your deer cleaned and not your gun. I've messed around and put my one it a duramax stock and I'm pleased with the results.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:34 AM

Im a savage fan, and the Savage ML looks like a nice gun. But I bought the T/C triumph and I have been very impressed with it. A few of the guys that I hunt with liked it so much that 4 of them went and bought one too. The ease of cleaning and the light weight was what sold me on the Triumph.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:53 AM
Typical Buck

i made that choice last summer,i bought the triumph. the savage is a good gun ,but i like useing pellets in a ML
I'd rather clean then have use loose powder,and the triumph is so easy to clean compared to most.
one thing i really like about the triumph is ,i can leave it loaded for days and if i think it may have drawn moisture i can pull the breech by hand and replace the pellets,no tools. my is shooting great,get the weather shiels camo.

and there is nothing wrong with a TIKKA synthetic stock,i have one of them also .
Old 01-17-2008, 08:28 AM
Spike

some people are saying that the smokeless powder and rate of twist on the savage will give me better distance and accuracy with hevier sabots. ie.300gr. iyo is that more of a bench shooter issue then a hunting issue? i mean in IL how often are really going to try a 250-300 yard shot?
Old 01-17-2008, 06:36 PM

ORIGINAL: srwshooter

i made that choice last summer,i bought the triumph. the savage is a good gun ,but i like useing pellets in a ML
I'd rather clean then have use loose powder,and the triumph is so easy to clean compared to most.
one thing i really like about the triumph is ,i can leave it loaded for days and if i think it may have drawn moisture i can pull the breech by hand and replace the pellets,no tools. my is shooting great,get the weather shiels camo.

and there is nothing wrong with a TIKKA synthetic stock,i have one of them also .
You have the same gun as me, I also ended up getting the Omega scope too. I havent tried it yet at 200+ yards...maybe this summer. I did take 3 shots at 150 and I was within 2" groupings.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:58 PM

ORIGINAL: rjhans53

These 2 sights should give you an insight to what smokeless is all about.
http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB/
http://dougva.proboards34.com/index.cgi?board=Savage
IMO once you go smokless you'll never go back. The savage stock (commonly refered to as tupperware) is a poor stock for such a fine rifle, but so is what tikka's sit in. The only draw back I can come up with is that you have to weight your charges, you can use lee dippers or so the book says but most weigh their charges.The vent liner is sort of a pain but you save in powder so you can but a new vent liner every 100 rounds or so You don't have the mess, you can put it away and worry about getting your deer cleaned and not your gun. I've messed around and put my one it a duramax stock and I'm pleased with the results.
X2, except I like my ugly black tupperware stock.