Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Semi-Auto Shotgun

Old 11-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Semi-Auto Shotgun

Thanks for the info Stalkingbear, that is why I am leaning strongly towards the Benelli SBEII. The only thing standing in my way is that price tag!! The slug gun is $1730, and add another $500+ for the field barrel.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Benelli M2. It is just the 3 inch model, but it is cheaper than the SBEII. I don't have the slug barrel, but I love that gun!! I will neverown another brand ofsemi-auto shotguns. I have never had a jam and you don't have to clean it as regularly as you do a gas operated shotgun.

Good Luck with your choice!!!
Pheasantfanatic
Old 11-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

I was looking at the M2 also, which seems like a awesome gun as well. It helps to hear from people who own these guns, and it seems Benelli owners have one thing in common, they love their shotgun and that is important!
Old 12-01-2007, 05:39 PM

If you have a Gander Mtn around, see if they have any of the Beretta Xtrema slug guns left over. A buddy in INdiana got one for $899, then bought a 28" barrel for birds and rabbits. Not a bad combo for that level of gun.
I had the slug barrel when I lived in Indiana. I got rid of it when I moved back to Texas. My slug gun liked the Remington Hammerheads and the Copper solids. At 100 yards, I was getting groups of 1.5" and a smidgen less.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Michbowhunter

I was looking at the M2 also, which seems like a awesome gun as well. It helps to hear from people who own these guns, and it seems Benelli owners have one thing in common, they love their shotgun and that is important!
Darn right!!!!
Old 12-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Michbowhunter

I am looking to purchase a Semi-Auto Shotgun, and am considering the higher end models such as the Benelli, Beretta, Browning, and Winchester's new SX3.

I am primarily looking for a gun that has a rifled barrel with 1x28 twist for deer hunting , but am also planning to purchase a field barrel for bird hunting etc.

Can anyone offer some educated advice about these higher endshotguns?

I have a Browning hunter gold with fiber optic sights and absolutely love the gun... I don't have a rifled barrel for it, but have shot slugs through it very accurately. It's a blast to use on skeet/trap and have taken many a quail and rabbit with it as well...
Old 12-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Dominant Buck

http://www.mauser.org/shotguns/sabre/index.htm
Old 12-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

Bbear, 1.5 is a darn good group with a slug gun! Currently, I am using a Mossberg 835 with a 24in fully rifled barrel equiped with a Nikon Pro Staff scope. After shooting nearly every kind of sabot manufactured, I am really disspapointed in the groups I was getting from the gun, soI'vedecided to get rid of the rifled barrel and only use the gun for turkey hunting, and that is why I am looking for a new slug gun.

The main thing I'm looking for is a gun that groups well, and cycles fast! I know that slug guns are not known for producing consistent and tight groups, however, if I can find one that will give me a consistent group 2in or less, I will be very happy!

I've pretty much narrowed it down to aBennelli, Berretta, orWinchester SX3.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

the benelli's are the fastest cycling semis I've seen. I can set empty hull on side of reciever,turn up,and shoot 5 times before the hull hits the ground!!!!!!!!!!
Not that it matters as 99% of shooters can't take advantage of thecycling speed of any auto loader. The Winchester SX2/SX3 are the fastes cycling models.

http://www.winchesterguns.com/prodinfo/features/detail.asp?ID=72

http://www.winchesterguns.com/support/video/1442sx3.wmv

I am primarily looking for a gun that has a rifled barrel with 1x28 twist for deer hunting , but am also planning to purchase a field barrel for bird hunting etc.
For your money, you might be better off getting a gun like the Mossberg 695 for you slugs and a semi auto for your other uses. Price wise would be pretty close or less and accuracy would be better.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Spike

clean a benelli then clean a gas gun .
benelli wins hands down.
not to mention how nice they shoot and swing

Quick Reply: Semi-Auto Shotgun

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.