Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

browning A5 12 auto light

Old 06-19-2007, 08:59 AM

Default RE: browning A5 12 auto light

Well, Not to hijack the thread , anymore than it had already gotten off track, but I am thinking about selling a A-5 12 ga. ( 1929 ), full , plain barreland a A-5 Sweet 16 ( 1966 ), rib vent, Gold trigger, modified , that I don't shoot. I have been contemplating selling them for a few years, but have recently decided to.

I don't hunt a single critter with a shotgun. I am 43 and have used the 16 ga. 2x in my life, ( bought used for me when I was a kid ), but not since I was 17. The 12 was my Dads, who died 14 years ago. They just sit in the gun cabinet collecting dust. Going to waste. Thats why I am going to sell. I cant see owning something just to say I own it. I could sell them, and maybe some other dad and son would get to use them and make some special memories with them ....... Now that, I believe, would do them justice.

And just for me....., the Lord says not to store up treasures on earth, but rather in heaven, so.... They, to me, are not priceless, they are just STUFF, and the real value lays inthe memories I got with my dad the 2 or 3 times we hunted together with them. The treasure was my Dad, not the guns. The treasure is the Love and the Bond. Believe me, if I thought my dad would look down and be unhappy with me, I would never sell, but I don't feel that way at all.

Thats like having a beautiful wife, and keeping her locked away so that no one could see how beautiful she is, for fear of losing her..... WHats the point? If you have to lock her up, then you have lost her anyway.

JMHO

God Bless
Old 06-27-2007, 02:58 PM

thanks for info
Old 07-20-2007, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

I would take it from the original post that you may not be familure with what you have, yes they are getting very pricey, but the A-5 is made to shoot and last. Most of the problems occur from poor maintenence, crud building up in the receiver slowing the action causing short-strokes, not keeping the forarm nut tight" causeing the forarm to splinter", or just forgeting to change the inertia collars from hevy load to light load and vice-versa " causing a short stroke or splintered forend". Your best bet is to get a couple of boxes of different size buck shot and see what patterns the best, " AND DONT FORGET TO SET IT UP FOR HEAVY LOADS".