Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

New Gun , What brand do you prefer ?

Old 12-27-2002, 01:04 PM

Default RE: New Gun , What brand do you prefer ?

I'm with Tumbo on this one. Tikka is one of the most accurate rifles out of the box. Sako is every bit as good, and better-looking yet.

As far as home-grown brands, I particularly like Ruger (especially the #1 and the 77MkII Mag) and Winchester (especially the Featherweight and the Classic Sporter). Remington has never grabbed me, although I have long coveted a custom rifle based on the 700 action. Neither has Browning or Weatherby.

Savage offers splendid performance (especially with its new retrofittable, adjustable trigger-unit!), but I find it butt-ugly.

Tom
Old 12-28-2002, 07:23 PM

Kimber.

Beautiful, accurate.

DREAM BIG, LIVE LARGE, DIE HAPPY ~Country Boy
Old 12-30-2002, 09:01 PM

Buy a Browning. I was a strictly a Winchester shooter for a long time but I've seen the light. I bought a Browning two years ago and couldn't be more satisfied.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:30 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

I just bought a Savage 111 .30-06 package. I am extremely happy with my purchase. Someone said they thought it was butt Ugly, but I think its dandy. They have a reputation for shooting great right out of the box and I can't wait to bench shoot it in the next couple weeks.
I have heard a lot of greif about the scope that comes with the package not being very good, but I have to say that I like it too. it will definately do me till next year or the year after. It's clear, works fine and doesn't fog up on me (yet). And I got it for about 300 bucks at Kmart.

David