Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Thompson Prohunter or Tikka?

Old 02-27-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Thompson Prohunter or Tikka?

Hey All,

Just wanted to get some of your opinions about these rifles. I will probably get it in a 30-06, heard good things about both. Just need to hear some more.

George
Old 02-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thompson Prohunter or Tikka?

Can't really go wrong with either gun. Both are about the same money, both will shoot good. It all boils down to whether or not you feel secure only having one shot, or multiple shots.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would choose the encore in a heartbeat. You can't go wrong with the 1 gun concept-rifle/shotgun/muzzleloader,all with exact same handling qualitys.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:49 PM

One shot only though.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

Theyre both poo. Get a remington 710. This IS joke folks! Honestly, you might look at that thompson ICON. The reviews seem good. Any of the two you mentioned is good. EJ
Old 02-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not sure of what the prices are for the prohunter in the US but here they close inon the 1000 mark so for that kind of money and I wanted a single shot rifle I'd buy a Ruger #1 and never look back. Of course if you may need a ML then the TC is a good choice. I'd be trying my darnest to get my hands on the new Knight KP-1 to compare though. Looks like a doosy!

Old 02-28-2007, 02:26 PM

You may want to check into the CVA Elite. There have been alot of great stories about them. The barrels also dont cost the price on a new gun and cva is taking emails requesting different calibers. So far they are the only ones that actually do this and listen to the customers.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO the Encore has more to offer. I really like mine. But then I like all guns. I have no experience with the Tikka bolt action. Everything I have heard is good. IMO it looks a little cheap, but we all know it is performance that counts, and from what I hear, they perform.

I would not waste the extra money on the Pro Hunter. I would buy the standard Encore. I can not see the price difference.Ibelieve most of the extra price is in advertising, and not in any quality increase.It will not be very long until all barrels are standardized, that just makes pure economical sense. There is no need for all the different SKU's, except to introduce a new line, and warrant a price increase. I have not seen any quality difference in the barrels, just 2 inches in length, and some fluting???

TheEncore is alot of fun to customize. And it can be done at a reasonable price. Get the Encore, and buy American. Tom.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

Tikka all the way. Smooth action, sako barrel, guaranteed to shoot 1" group or better at 100yds. Both of mine shoot less than an inch and my 308 will shoot well under that. And around $200+ less than a prohunter.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:52 PM

tikka

Quick Reply: Thompson Prohunter or Tikka?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.