Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

HiViz Magni-Optic Shotgun Sight? Help?

Old 02-25-2007, 08:03 PM

Default HiViz Magni-Optic Shotgun Sight? Help?

Hey there,

I would like to get one of these sights for my Remington 870 express.
I'll be hunting a bit of everything from upland birds to waterfowl and rabbit. I know there is a tru-glo as well. Are they worth buying? Effective?

Thanks.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: HiViz Magni-Optic Shotgun Sight? Help?

I have hiviz on both my browning golds and allmy citori's. The tru glo's are good also but are typically smaller pin size which makes them harder to pick up. Both my hiviz sights have a couple of different sizes to choose from. I like the green ones b/c you can pick them up quick on a moving bird or orange clay.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:40 AM

How do you mount them on? Which one did you get?
Old 02-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Fork Horn

My citori's came with one from the factory. They screw on using the hole where the bead would normally be on the end of the barrel. On my golds I put one on that also used the bead screw and some sticky tape. It is actually the one with the rear turkey sight that has 2 pins coming in from the left and right and then you line the front bead up for the middle and the trukey's neck on top. I take the back piece off to shoot skeet and dove hunt with. I would take a pic of it and send to you but my dad has one of my golds in his gun safe (i ran out of room) and the one I have hereI knockedthe front pinoff while pheasant hunting in KS this year. It wasn't the sight's fault though I was getting out of the truck to chase some birds near a tail water pit and caught it on the door or my boot or something. We were beating and banging getting in and out of the truck and I guess it got caught up in something. I've crawled, beat, and banged that thing so many times in the turkey woods and never had a problem. I'll defintily replace it with the same thing. Here's a pic of the one on one ofmy citori's. I just got thisgun so I haven't put the green in yet but you get the idea. That's another thing I like about the Hiviz, you can interchange the color, size, and shape on some models. The close up from the top you can see how it screws on.Onall of the hiviz I've installed or used theyhave all had metal frames to them.The couple of truglo's that I've triedover theyears wereboth all plastic.I still have one that isin good shape though.

Old 02-28-2007, 07:32 AM

Thanks for the info man! I'll go with the HI viz.