Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Gun Safes

Old 01-29-2007, 09:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default Gun Safes

Hey all,
I am in need of a gun safe. I am going to be buying one with part of my tax refund. I don't know much about em, and have had a hard time finding info out on em. So suggestions are much appreciated. I am looking for approx 22-25 cubic foot give or take, 12+ long guns, looks decent, with sturdy locking mechanisms and fire rating of 30+ min.... I would like to stay under a grand, is this possible? Thanks in advance...

Ryan
Old 01-30-2007, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Gun Safes

Sam's Club has a Winchester safe that meets your criteria for about $550-600. Bass Pro Shops has 3 or 4 choices in the $600-1000 range.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:44 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: reininger

Hey all,
I am in need of a gun safe. I am going to be buying one with part of my tax refund. I don't know much about em, and have had a hard time finding info out on em. So suggestions are much appreciated. I am looking for approx 22-25 cubic foot give or take, 12+ long guns, looks decent, with sturdy locking mechanisms and fire rating of 30+ min.... I would like to stay under a grand, is this possible? Thanks in advance...

Ryan
Always check with locksmiths who sell usedsafes before buying New. Are you looking for a Secured Container or a Fire and Burglary proof Safe?
Old 01-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

in that price range cannon has the best safe warranty on the market,just buy one bigger than you need .

AND,DON'T CALL IT A GUN SAFE, ITS A HOME SAFE. A HOME SAFE CAN BE A TAX RIGHTOFF,IF YOU STORE YOUR TAX PAPERS IN IT.......ASK YOUR TAX MAN......
Old 01-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

tax rightoff, i love the sound of that.....one more reason for me to invest inone.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

When you decide and get it home itll be hard to move around, I put down a movers blanket and then laid safe on its back on the blanket and then could grab the 2 corners and slide it anywhere I needed to.

I have a Browning Bronze safe which is one of the lower end models. I doesnt have as many locking lugs and doesnt have as thick of a door as the more expensive safe's. The fire protection is about the same though. I think if someone breaks in your house prepared to break into a safe then they'll get into any of them. I dont think someone without the specific tools can break into any 1000$ range safe's so Im fine with mine.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: srwshooter

in that price range cannon has the best safe warranty on the market,just buy one bigger than you need .

AND,DON'T CALL IT A GUN SAFE, ITS A HOME SAFE. A HOME SAFE CAN BE A TAX RIGHTOFF,IF YOU STORE YOUR TAX PAPERS IN IT.......ASK YOUR TAX MAN......
You are exactly right about saying Home Safe! I was a Safe & VaultTech for over 30yrs.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

i used to sell american security gun safes,i sold alot of safes after tellin people they can right it off on there taxes.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Spike

I have a Cannon and recently had a problem with the keypad on the lock. They have excellent service and are in the process off getting it fixed with absolutely no cost to me. The issue was with a bad batch of keypads from several years ago, so I don't think you would expect to have an issue if you bought a Cannon. Mine meets all the specs that you mentioned and cost me $650 from Costco.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Yoter

I have a Cannon and recently had a problem with the keypad on the lock. They have excellent service and are in the process off getting it fixed with absolutely no cost to me. The issue was with a bad batch of keypads from several years ago, so I don't think you would expect to have an issue if you bought a Cannon. Mine meets all the specs that you mentioned and cost me $650 from Costco.
What's the rating on your safe Yoter?

Quick Reply: Gun Safes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.