Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

mossberg atr 100

Old 01-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default mossberg atr 100

bought a atr 100 30.06 from walmart for 244.00 its just a plain nothing fancy rifle.had no idea how the gun would perform.without much $$$ i dressed it up with a bushnell 3x9 trophy and a nice sling.bought a box of remington core-lok ammo and boresighted the gun.went to the range and was very happy with the performance of this cheap rifle shooting 1-2 inch groups at 100yrds.very happy with the smooth action and handling of this gun.for that kind of money how can you go wrong i have no one to impress when i am in the woods hunting with what kind of gun i am carrying or how fancy it looks.to let people know walmart will stop carrying guns in feb in all the walmart stores nation wide.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: mossberg atr 100

Ummm Did I just miss that little tid bit at the end there.
to let people know walmart will stop carrying guns in feb in all the walmart stores nation wide.
Where did that come from. I hope it's not true. Probably is but still. Does that include lay-aways that are put in before that date?
Old 01-19-2007, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

If the rifle shoots good and you like it,then other people should respect
your decision. With all other factors being equal,especially hunting skill,there's NO reason you can't take as many deer as hunters using
fancier setups. Afterall-it's the man behind the rifle that matters.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:54 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

If the rifle shoots good and you like it,then other people should respect
your decision. With all other factors being equal,especially hunting skill,there's NO reason you can't take as many deer as hunters using
fancier setups. Afterall-it's the man behind the rifle that matters.
[/quote
Yeah, you don't need a Browning or Kimber to shoot good, or kill game effectively.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

Glad to hear it. I've been toying with the idea of buying an ATR 100 in the 270 flavor and this is helping my decision come along great!

Old 01-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

yeah ive got the 270 version and i like it really well, i have heavier and nicer 308's but i wanted a light mountain type rifle and this fullfills what i wanted it.I also put a nikon prostaff 3x9x40 on it
Old 01-20-2007, 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: bigpapa

Ummm Did I just miss that little tid bit at the end there.
to let people know walmart will stop carrying guns in feb in all the walmart stores nation wide.
Where did that come from. I hope it's not true. Probably is but still. Does that include lay-aways that are put in before that date?
I have heard the same thing.
Have also heard that lay-away is already gone from most stores.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah, the layaway thing is gone. Our stores have not posted any signs yet regarding the ending of gun sales. Hopefully if they do end it, maybe they'll knock the prices way down. One could only hope anyway.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:33 AM

I started to notice that the gunson their website were slowly diminishing. I call a few stores in my area and they told me"no more gun sales". I think that sucks. I really liked how Walmart sold firearms.Why the heck is every store retracting their firearms?
Old 01-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

the store manager at the walmart i bought my gun told me it was a liability issue and walmart has been fined many times for not correctly filling out the paper work at the stores that guns have been sold.he said the store i was at has never been fined but he knows of some stores being fined 5 to 6 times a year so walmart as a company said enough is enough and selling guns is not worth the trouble...bummer

Quick Reply: mossberg atr 100

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.