Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Richards Microfit

Old 01-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Richards Microfit

Looking for info on the Richards microfit Dual Position Thumbhole Stock. Anybody have any experience or thoughts? Considering it for my savage 10II ML.

Also has anybody seen the tigerwood laminatein person?

Iwas thinking salt and pepper(black/grey) with a SS action/barrel but not sure now.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Richards Microfit

STAY AWAY
There stocks looks like a mouse chew out there stocks, You can use a chain saw and make a better stock,

I only buy Boyes stocks they are not hard to fit and make a Nice stock

I bought a Richard stock and waited 14 weeks for it when it came I was ready to go to work on it when I open the box I chaase the U.P.S truck down the drive way and told him I will not eccept it take it back I called Richards they told me that is the way they ship all there stock.

NEVER AGAIN will I buy from them
Old 01-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you for the input. I'll guess I'll be calling boyds about what they can do for me.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 01-10-2007, 10:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a picture of a stock I just received from Richard's. It is pretty nice in my opinion. Tom.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

Richards stocks are received unfinished, rough (very)sanded, and at best 60% inletted. They are unfinished semi-inletted blanks. You will have to do some inletting and all the finishing. The great thing about a Richards is, since you will be putting a 10ML-II in it, that you should have enough wood on the side rails for the larger diameter .50 cal. barrel and enough woodunderneath for a 3/8" ramrod groove. I have used Richards on several 10ML-II restock jobs and they are more than up to the job.

The Boyds pepper laminate stock I am currently working on now for a 10ML-II is already finished on the outside, but I had to open up the barrel channel for the 50 caliber barrel and there is not enoughwood underneath for a 3/8" ramrod groove.

With all that said, I prefer the Richards stock over the Boyds. More styles to choose from, a wider selection of woods and laminates, and enoughextra wood in the right places to ensure a good fit and customizing.They require more work, but in the end, after all the work is done,you get a nicer stock. On the other hand, with a Boydswn't have nearly as much work, especially with a finished VIP stock.