Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Nikon Repairs

Old 12-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Nikon Repairs

Man, now that I got a little time I want to tell you what happened to me with my brand new Nikon Buckmaster Scope.
I bought this scope new at Dick's last March as one thing after another I didn't get to go sight it in until Mid October. Well it would not adjust up all the way so I was bummed for waiting so long to use it and check it out I was leaving for a hunt in Me. in 4 days. I sent it back to Nikon Repair with a note explaning what was wrong and I shipped it overnight air. When I got back from Me. I called Nikon right away to see how much longer my scope would be and they told me they didn't get it till Nov.1 and they hae till the 14th to get it to me I shipped it return recipt and was holding the recipt which was signed the 27th. by them. Anyway I just wanted my Scope I was going on a hunt in Connecticut the 15th and if I got it in time on the 14th I could have it mountid and sighted in for the hunt. Well it took them till the 14th to get it to me they seem to have made sure it got to me no sooner. I mounted it on my new gun and went to the range and it was worst then before I sent it. I was pissed I called them and told them and that I was leaving on a hunt in the morning and wanted to know what they would do for me. To make a long story short they did nothing for me but tell me to send it back to them and they would "try to get it right this time" I was appauled to say the least. Any way I happened to be in Dick's a week later and told the manager there what had happened. He told me to bring it back to him and he would give me a new one. I did and I tell you I coulden't be happier. He gave me a brand new this years model with all the updates and belive it or not it sells for $20.00 less and he gave that to me. I took it out and sighted it in perfect. I tell you even though I love the scope now that everything is fine. I will never buy another one I will go with the Lupold. The lifetime warrenty you get with the Nikon is usless as far as I'm concernd. If anyone had a better experiance with this company please let me know as I always thought Nikon was a great company until I needed them.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:41 PM

Default RE: Nikon Repairs

Well, that certainly stinks. Sorry for all your troubles.

Been looking at a Nikon scope recently, we'll see. Just bought a Burris Fullfield II, but haven't got it mounted yet. If I like the Burris, will probably go with another.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:50 PM

I have had excellent experiences with Nikon products, including rifle scopes. However, I have never needed to have one repaired so I can not vouch for the quality or responsiveness of their service department.

Caldoc
Old 12-02-2006, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

I have had very good service with Nikon also.You can go to their web site and track your repair too.
I like burris scopes but had to send one back twice,It was the same the first time I received it as it was when I sent it to be repaired.But the second time around they fixed it.
Have had fast and good service with Lepould.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why when I type Dic*'s all I get is stars its a great company who I find backs everything they sell. We can say Nikon, Simmons,exct. exct why not Dic*s Sporting goods?
Old 12-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ihave a couple Nikon scopes andi've never had any problems with them so i can't really comment on their customer service. Hope you get it all worked out.

As for not being able to use thed word this may be your answer. This is straight from the forum rules. Even though you're not using the wordin a sexual comment the word filters will pick it up and strike it out everytime.

[1. No vulgar language or profanity - This includes inappropriate words, inappropriate sexual references and other vulgar statements. There are word filters in place for a reason, DO NOT try to bypass them with alternate characters or spellings.]
Old 12-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

I've never had any problems w/ Nikon optics.. and I own several.

It's not Nikon's fault that your scope wouldn't sight in. You scope needed to be shimmed.. or have the front ring lapped a bit.Could have possibly been fixed by swapping the rings front to rear.. or for another set.

This happens with every kind of scope on the market Nikon, Bushnell, Leupold, Simmons, Burris, Swarovski, Zeiss, ect..... Especially when people try to use see through rings. That's why not everyone can install their scopes on the kitched table w/ a screwdriver...
Old 12-05-2006, 01:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had nothing but good experinces with nikon!! My bino's are great to.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't care for the buckmasters series. There not very tough and the glass isn't that good. I love the Nikon Monarchs but the buckmasters don't compare to them.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:25 AM

That's tough for sure. Too bad eveyone doesn't have Leupold's quality and warranty service. I've sent a few Leupolds back for repair. Everyone was owner damaged. All were returned or replaced within 2 weeks,some fasterwhen we specified.
18 Years ago a guy ran over his pre 64 model 70 with his jeep. Stock was broken, barrel bent, and Leupold scope twisted. I bought it to use the receiver to build on. For kicks, I sent the scope to Leupold with a write up telling what happened. They sent me a new one.My dad still uses the rifle I built with that same scope.