Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Accutrigger

Old 12-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Accutrigger

ORIGINAL: seattlesetters

How is the "lawyer bar" for shooting with a heavily-gloved hand? I live 150 miles north of Montreal and it can get awfully cold during the hunting season, so this is a real consideration for me. Thanks.
seattlesetters, I live in Saskatchewan and asI mentioned before the gloves and the bar distracts me. Acquiring and reaching for the trigger are all one motion for me, the final piece is flicking the safety to F. When using the savage and gloves the touch of the bar puts me off a bit. Like cma I am use to a non bar crisp/light trigger pull so therefore the bar causes me some grief because it feels unnatural. Though I would suggest before you make a decision based on anybodies opinion I would handle and feel one yourself. I know many who have no problems with the AT and like wise many who share my feelings. It is a novel concept but not one that everyone will find enjoyable or useful.

Old 12-04-2006, 11:17 PM

Thats what I love about guns, everyone can find one to suit them.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:51 AM
Typical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

ORIGINAL: seattlesetters

. . .Though I would suggest before you make a decision based on anybodies opinion I would handle and feel one yourself. . . .
Good point. Most Savage retailers have a display of just the trigger to fool around with and try out without even handling a rifle.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:54 AM

I have a savage 110 with the accutrigger and it is very unusual feeling at first. It is also troublesome when hunting in cold weather and wearing gloves, even with light gloves on I have had problems getting my finger in the trigger guard. I have no idea what weight it is set at and will probably never adjust it. I don't worry about how many holes I can put in a piece of paper at 150 yards when I hunt in a thick swamp and only shoot at 25-30 yards.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Mundt

I have a savage 110 with the accutrigger and it is very unusual feeling at first. It is also troublesome when hunting in cold weather and wearing gloves, even with light gloves on I have had problems getting my finger in the trigger guard. I have no idea what weight it is set at and will probably never adjust it. I don't worry about how many holes I can put in a piece of paper at 150 yards when I hunt in a thick swamp and only shoot at 25-30 yards.
At 25-30 yards why even bother to shoot a rifle? Use a bow or crossbow.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:44 PM

In wisconsin archery season is closed during the gun season and crossbows are illegal unless your disabled. I use my bow during the archery season but during the rifle season i'm hunting thick cedar swamps and most of my shots are up close.
The best improvement savage has made is a larger safety that can be operated easier with gloves on or with cold numb hands.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:24 PM

I have a Savage without the accutrigger in 17 HMR and it is 100X better the the factory trigger on my Ruger 1022. I was never a Savage fan until I finally owned one. I really love that gun. I also have a Remington 700 in 7mm mag that had the trigger adjusted. I don't have a scale but it's half the pull of my other deer rifle. I have NEVER had a problem with it. It's the best trigger I have on any of my guns. I've heard people having problems after adjusting their triggers on Remingtons but I think it is most likely not done properly.