Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Accutrigger

Old 11-30-2006, 01:45 PM

Default RE: Accutrigger

ORIGINAL: cma3366a

They're a decent trigger for the kind of guy who takes a hunting rifle out of a box, sights in in, and thats it.
The one I owned was crisp, and had a decent pull weight of 3.5lbs. The problem was getting used to that lawyer-bar. I hated the feel of it and found it distracting. I myself prefer a crisp light trigger without a lawyer bar. For that reason I buy Remington 700, Winchester 70's, and CZ 550's. Getting out the wrenches and screwdrivers is no big deal, expecially when you wont have to deal with a lawyer-bar.
If you've ever shot a rifle with a decent standard trigger, you'll probably find the accu-trigger to be a disapointment.
LOL, you just don't like Savage, do you?
Old 11-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Typical Buck

How is the "lawyer bar" for shooting with a heavily-gloved hand? I live 150 miles north of Montreal and it can get awfully cold during the hunting season, so this is a real consideration for me. Thanks.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-30-2006, 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: cma3366a

Chant.

Which would you rather have on a rifle a crisp 3lb trigger or a crisp 3lb trigger with a lawyer-bar running through it?

Nothing wrong with the accutrigger for joe sixpack take it outta the box and hunt withit types, in fact for those types its a pretty good setup. But for my needs I prefer a trigger that is crisp and light, with no lawyer-bar takeup or akward pressure point. I can take a lousyy factory set remington 700, or winchester 70 trigger and make itlight and crispin 15-20 minutes, Theres not much you can do to fix the lawyer bar.
If you've never shot a rifle with a GOOD standard trigger, your appreciation for the accutrigger is understandable.
I honesly never have shot a rifle with a good standard trigger, I see your point now CMA.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

Who is selling a rifle with a good standard trigger for what Savage sells theirs for. Oh BTW, wrenching factory triggers to crisp and light can have disasterous results. They are bad because Remington cannot make them reliable wrenched down to a light pull. YMMV
Old 11-30-2006, 06:28 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-30-2006, 06:29 PM

Yeah, Savage was marketing the AccuTrigger towards guys who maybe, weren't wanting to get a trigger job, or whatever.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Typical Buck

Well, actually . . .I was sure I was going to replace it. I had a trigger picked out to replace it. I even emailed Mr. Jewell a few times about a trigger he was developing for it, but in the end, I'm not seeing the need. If after some more shooting, I feel like it adds something to replace it, it will be replaced. At this time, the trigger is filling the bill fine. I think I will focus my efforts on bedding it and developing a load.

Now for this market segment stuff. . .Do I adjust triggers, yes, when it adds something to the gun. I did my Ruger SA. I did both 1911's. I had Frank White replace my AR trigger. I will adjust the trigger on my Browning 22 when I get serious with it. At this time, I cannot see replacing the Accutrigger. The lever is bothersome, but it also adds something. It allows you to feel the trigger before you are applying pressure to the trigger/sear engagement. That is a huge benefit, IMHO. Now if they could just make that all integral to the trigger. I don't like the extra piece, that is all. It is also what locks the trigger/sear engagement together until you release that lever. I actually think that is a very good idea to have the built in trigger safety. I just with it weren't a seperate piece that has a wierd feel when pulling, that is all.

Can you clarify the difference between the Rem 700 wrench-at-home market vs. the Savage Accutrigger market?
Old 11-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

700 triggers are adjustable for everything but bass and treble. Mine all cleaned up very nicely. Spring change and adjustment.

Quick Reply: Accutrigger

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.