Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Pictures of H&R SUPER SLEEPER!!!

Old 11-15-2006, 07:42 AM

Default Pictures of H&R SUPER SLEEPER!!!

I will do a write up on this after I get all the photo's copied over here....

DAVID
Old 11-15-2006, 07:44 AM

Default RE: Pictures of H&R SUPER SLEEPER!!!

Old 11-15-2006, 07:47 AM

Old 11-15-2006, 07:48 AM

Old 11-15-2006, 07:51 AM

Old 11-15-2006, 07:53 AM

Old 11-15-2006, 08:45 AM

This H&R was built by what is referred to as "barrel stubbing"! Barrel stubbing is where you take a factory barrel, cut it back to a total length of 3 1/2". This "short" piece of barrel is what is then called the "stub"...

The stub is internally bored, reamed and then threaded...

A Match Grade stainless steel barrel is threaded, chambered and crowned and then screwed into the original factory barrel stub...

After the barrel is screwed into the stub, the extractor slot is cut and all machine work is finished and completed...

This H&R started out as a regular factory 22 lr. that has been completely reworked and rebuilt to MATCH specifications. Here is a list things that has been to this rifle:

1 - The factory barrel has been "stubbed", threaded and faced true to the axis of the stub itself after being set in a lathe for all machining operations...

2 - A Lilja 6-groove MATCH grade stainless steel .22 barrel has been mated to the stub and chambered for the .22 lr. Match - meaning that the bullet engages the rifling with the correct throat and lead angle and headspaced to an absolute minimum for Match type ammo. The barrel diameter is 1.200" straight with no taper and was finished out at 23 inches...

3 - The H&R trigger has been reworked down to a "safe" and consistant pull weight of 6 ounces...

4 - A custom stock set was made specifically for this rifle. The 3" wide forend was pillar bedded with a 5/8" diameter stainless steel pillar as well as the forend being epoxy bedded from the receiver to the forend screw. This method of bedding helps "deaden" vibration and as such, it increases the accuracy of guns that utilize 2 piece stocks...

5 - A scope base was secured to the barrel with 8-40 screws and Burris Signature ZEE rings were used to hold the Weaver 36X Target scope...

6 - More for cosmetic reasons than anything else, the "pins"in the receiver were polished as was the trigger and hammer...

7 - The crown was cut at arecessed 90 degrees...

As soon as it stops raining and I can get a chance to get out and shoot this gun, I will post pictures of the targets and let you know what ammo it likes best...

Your comments on this gun are welcome....

DAVID
Old 11-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's certainly colorful.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ha David, I have a simple question. Why do you use the H&R receiver instead of the TC? I am getting ready to order a custom barrel for my TC, and I was just curious. Tom.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:43 PM

Very interesting. Different too. Gotta ask though: Why put that much effort and moneyinto an H&R receiver?

Quick Reply: Pictures of H&R SUPER SLEEPER!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.