Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Charles Daly (Zastava) Superior II .22

Old 11-12-2006, 07:28 PM

Default Charles Daly (Zastava) Superior II .22

I got my Charles Daly (Zastava) Superior II .22 bolt rifle in a couple of weeks ago. I had mentioned ordering it. It cost me $172 delivered including the transfer fee at my local pawn shop.
The blueing is pretty darn good although is more black. But it is pretty lustrous. The stock is a decent piece of walnut but there are a few runs in the finish. Trigger is pretty good. Bolt cycles well. The Simmons 4X scope is a piece of crap so I put a japanese Tasco 4x on it. But the mounts that came with it don't work for this gun. They rings fit in the dovetail groove ok, but the mounts are so big, I can't get the bolt out of the gun. The mounts block the travel of the bolt from sliding all the way out.
I guess that's ok. I did not really care about the scope. I am going to go with some high end mounts and hopefully a sightron sII or Nikon Monarch 4x for it
All in all, it is a nice European rifle for not alot of money. Not as Fine as my CZ but still I can't wait to take it squirrel hunting
okcmco