Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Guns you like . Why ??

Old 11-18-2002, 02:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default Guns you like . Why ??

Everyone swears by a certian brand or company. This one is best and that one is no good and so on !
How have you came to this plane of thought ?
Most people are there because it was their first gun brand and stayed with it. Myself,I've tried a bunch and have had bad and good ones from all companys. Lately Savage has my vote as the best shooter for the money ,out of the box !! I had some real dogs from Remington and Ruger. A 308 Rem.varminiter that would not shoot under 3 inch groups,no matter what bullet or powder I tried. A Ruger 30-06 sport grade,was worse. My deer rifle is a 308 Reminton M-700. I love it,but,make me an ofer and it will go with you!
I shoot in bench rest,factory class,and did real well this past season. My gun of choice ? Savage ! The only thing to beat me ,and not by much,was a Sako and a Cooper. Now your talking a $400 gun going up against $1500 factory customs,that sneak through the rule books.
I have no favorite brand ,that I would say is best at shooting or reliability ,that the common man can afford.
How have you came up with you favorite ???????? Tell the truth !

Mounting Man/in PA.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:15 PM

Default RE: Guns you like . Why ??

for revolvers i like ruger in single actions because i cant afford Freedoms arms. i have ruger gp as well and i like that.
if i get a rifle one of these days it will most likely be a savage, unless i get the ruger #1 in 45-70 ive been wanting.
semi auto pistols ive shot tauraus berreta, browning and ruger, and highstandard. maybe some others, i like them all, and in specifc categories i have favorites.
shot guns, ive not shot too much though i like the 1100s that ive shot, the browning citori my brother has is one sweet package, i cant shoot that like single shot by New England very well but my little brother sures bust the clays with it.
im not too brand dependent, but im young so i dont have too much in the way of loyalties so far

propmahn
save the world, reload your brass

Old 11-22-2002, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks,Propmahn,for giving your thoughts. No one else has anything to say,on this subject ?

Mounting Man/in PA.
Old 11-22-2002, 03:53 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-23-2002, 08:26 PM

I can't fully explain just why my favorite(for over 50 years) hunting rifle is the Springfield Krag.A lot of people have mentioned that they are surprised at my choice.Some dickheads sneer at it.
I guess that I tend to keep things that never disapoint me,or fail me.
It still has the same steel-tube Weaver scope on it that I bought in 1960.
The 30'06 has come and gone as well as the 270 with loophole scope;but the origional Krag will be with me this Fall.
Frank
Old 11-23-2002, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite gun is just about anything that shoots , I have owned a few and liked them all ,but I'm always trying something different . Then maybe because the first gun I ever bought had no name on it ,I don't have a brand loyalty . And thats the truth too .LOL
Old 12-01-2002, 05:18 AM

My father bought me a Rem 788 in 308 Win for Christmas when I was 13 years old and I still do like Remingtons(even still have that 788 some 23yrs later), but I have also had Winchester's (M70) that I liked. I do own one Weatherby and it's a nice gun. The only gun which I have owned and am not crazy about is Ruger and that's because I couldn't get it to shoot decent groups no matter what I tried. I have never owned a Savage or a Sako yet, but there's plenty of time left to try them out when I get the money.
Old 12-01-2002, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let's see...

Pistol: I'd have to say a Glock 21. I had an H&K USP 45, but I recently got rid of it because I just didn't like the way it felt in my hand. I'm a big fan of Glock's trigger system and their simplicity.

Rifle (fun gun): My sporterized SKS. Cheap as dirt to shoot, and accurate enough to bust clay birds on the birm at 100 yards.

Rifle (hunting/serious shooting): My Knight DISC muzzleloader. Exceptionally accurate, and a joy to shoot (centerfire rifles aren't legal for deer in Iowa).

Shotgun: I'm partial to my dad's Rem 870 Wingmaster that I grew up shooting, but last Friday I bought myself a Browning BPS. Going to shoot it for the first time today, and I think it'll come out ahead.

Machine Gun: I'd have to say, of all the MG's I've fired, I like the Browning M2 .50cal the best, with the MK-19 40mm (full-auto, belt fed) grenade launcher close behind.

Misc: Any gun I can get my hands on!

Mike

Gun control means putting the second bullet through the same hole as the first- Ted Nugent
NRA Member
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Franklin
Old 12-02-2002, 03:28 PM
Typical Buck

My winchester model 94 30-30 has been one of my favorites since i got it 8 years ago. Its light, easy to carry, and shoots great. BUT, i recently bought a remington model 700 BDL in 7mm rem. mag. and its quickly becoming my gun of choice. I have no problem with the recoil, its not much heavier than my winchester and it plan out knocks deer flat.
Old 12-03-2002, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

Win Model 70 Classic-

1. Excellent tigger- chrisp, easily adjusted.
2. Three position safety.
3. Mauser claw extractor.

Beretta Shotgun-

Best made gas auto made. And that you can take to the bank.
Benelli SBE would be a second choice but, being recoil operated it kicks like a pump which is why competition shooters who shoot an auto shoot Beretta overwhemingly.

Pay a little more for quality you'll never regret it.

there is no subsitute for quality

Edited by - Losthwy on 12/03/2002 22:13:09

Quick Reply: Guns you like . Why ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.