Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

S&W 460XVR recall notice

Old 10-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default S&W 460XVR recall notice

S&W 460XVR recall notice
SPRINGFIELD, MA—Smith & Wesson announced earlier this month that it’s voluntarily recalling its Performance Center Model 460XVR revolvers.
The company says the recall applies only to its Performance Center Model 460 revolver and does not involve Smith & Wesson’s standard production Model 460 revolver. The recall also applies only to revolvers that contain barrels manufactured for the Performance Center by an outside supplier. No other firearm models within the Smith & Wesson product line are affected by the recall.
The recall applies to all Performance Center Model 460 revolvers shipped by Smith & Wesson prior to Sept. 18, 2006. Consumers who purchased one of these revolvers should not use it until it’s been inspected by Smith & Wesson.
Anyone who currently has a Performance Center Model 460 affected by this recall should contact the company immediately at (800) 331-0852, ext. 3800, or online at www.smith-wesson.com or go directly to http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CustomContentDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=1 0001&content=36817&sectionId=10506
Old 10-18-2006, 04:05 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: S&W 460XVR recall notice

Great, I got one of these. And it shoots like nobodies business. What to do.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:40 AM
bigcountry

Oh, I want to cry. Just called Smith, my gun is affected. I don't want them messing with my gun. Said some are splitting up the middle. This sucks. Check out my groups at 200 yards. I am temped not send in. Guess loosing a whole hand is worse than loosing a deer with inaccurate pistol.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:17 PM

I don't yet have one, but would love to. I would send your in, if they request you do, as letting them have a look at it is better than it going up on you, wrecking gun and maybe your face as well.