Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

anybody use Browning A-bolt or Winchester 70 supershadow?

Old 08-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: anybody use Browning A-bolt or Winchester 70 supershadow?

Why does Extra Value mean alot?How and why is the MSRP set at the price it is?

The Manufacture sets the MSRP base on how much money they put into the gun which includes all supplies and manufacturing time.A gun with a high extra value or a high MSRP was made better and have better materials put into them(Better Medal,Wood glue,stain,varnish.Extra value also makes you gun hold its value longer and will alow the buyer to sell it at a high price if he or she don't want the gun anymore.Gones with more value hold up allot better over timeand heavy use.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why does Extra Value mean alot?How and why is the MSRP set at the price it is?

The Manufacture sets the MSRP base on how much money they put into the gun which includes all supplies and manufacturing time.A gun with a high extra value or a high MSRP was made better and have better materials put into them(Better Medal,Wood glue,stain,varnish.Extra value also makes you gun hold its value longer and will alow the buyer to sell it at a high price if he or she don't want the gun anymore.Gones with more value hold up allot better over timeand heavy use.
You have to be the most gullible person on earth,a true advertisers dream.You probably believe every claim that the advertisors make.I bet the salesmen fight over who getts to serve you.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

I also forgot to state that MSRP also are based on supply and demand.Browning a-bolt is a very good gun thus is why more people want it and the MSRP is where it is.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

You have to be the most gullible person on earth,a true advertisers dream.You probably believe every claim that the advertisors make.I bet the salesmen fight over who getts to serve you.
Looks like you dont know what the word Value or qualitymeans.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:17 PM
Typical Buck

Im still catching my breath after reading this. Never heard of tikka?

I will calm you guys down by saying this: The browning a bolt and tikka rifle are both the best, out of box rifles for the price. I bought the medallion abolt 30-06 that shoots 1/2 moa out of the box with the very first group I shot at 100yds, after sighting in. I have also shot a tikka 270 that the shop owner here has and its a one holer also, even with me shooting his rifle! I agree that if youre deciding over a browning or winchester, its not even a question, everything a winchester has, a browning has better. Its not even a question that the best rifles made right now are overseas. I want a sako for my next rifle, now theres a shooter also.