Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Problems with Remington Corelockt?

Old 06-19-2006, 07:54 PM

Default Problems with Remington Corelockt?

Has anyone experienced any problems with remington's core lockt? My personal experience was NEVER being able to shot a group at 100 yards smaller than a pie plate with my 700 bdl 30-06. I struggled, thinking it's me, I'm jerking when shooting or something. After three boxes i still couldn't hold a group. Yesterday I went outwith a box of federal premium and no lie shot a group the size of a quarter at100 yards. I changed nothing but the ammo. I let the barrel cool down and repeated my group. Has anyone else had a problem or do some bullets work better than others for that particular gun?
Old 06-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Problems with Remington Corelockt?

Ow! I have never had that kind of accuracy problem with corelocks but different bullet types will print out differently for each rifle.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

No 2 guns like the same load. Most of mine will group core lokts like theres no tomorrow. They always seem to be the cheapest and group the best for me. Just plain ol bland competent performance.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

I have used remington core locks in my 25-06 for years and get outstanding results. I think it must be the particular gun/ammo combination. Each one is different and that is half the fun, finding what brand, weight, bullet type etc. works best with your set up.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

They shoot great in every gun I have ever used them in. As a rule they are about the most accurate factory loads I have used. However every gun has a mind of its own. If yours shoots the Federals well then stick with them.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

They shoot better then most other types of ammo in Remington Rifles...I have yet to own a Remington that didn't shoot them well.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:37 PM
bigcountry

I find coreloks to be about the worst shooting stuff there is in every rifle I have had. Only gun I had that would shoot was an FN SPR sniper rifle, but it would shoot rocks accurately.

I find Sierra gamekings in Federal loads to be about the best.

Old 06-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Always has to be a dissenter I guess
Old 06-20-2006, 03:40 PM
bigcountry

Actually you guys are the first to praise Coreloks, I have seen in a while. Most gun ranges consider it junk. I figured James would be getting .1MOA with em. And he really wonders where I get that BS? He probably doesnt' remember.

Old 06-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I NEVER forget. I have found Corlokts to be pretty accurate and many other here have found the same thing. My NEF rifles love them and usually outshoot my handloads. I have not used them a great deal for hunting but what I have used has always done the job. When I ran my gun shop, I know I sold by far more corlokt ammo than anything else. Its pretty cheap and most deer hunters have pretty good performance from them. I havn't used them for game bigger than deer much at all as I usually load Partitions for that. For cheap bullets, I really like the Sierra Pro-Hunters.

I quess I did just confess to forgetting how to set my Lee factory crimp dies. Must have been a one time thing.

Quick Reply: Problems with Remington Corelockt?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.