Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Problems with Remington Corelockt?

Old 06-22-2006, 08:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Problems with Remington Corelockt?

The inner locks are very good bullets. In the 25-06 I have had good performance from the 100 Gr and 115 Gr Ballistic tips as well. I just load them to about 2800 FPS. This because they worked like lightning strikes in the 250 Savage at those velocities. Ballistic tips are great bullets for deer but I never over drive them velocity wise. The Pro-Hunter as an accurate but less fragil than the Gamekings.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've had good luck with Core-Loct's. Both of my hunting rifles like them. My .308 does great with them, and while my 7MM RM likes them accuracy-wise, the 150 gr. don't seem to expand well at short range on deer!
Old 06-28-2006, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I get excellent results with Core Lockts. Try a different grain bullet in your 30:06.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:24 AM

All the BDL's I have ever seen do not like the Remington or Winchester ammo. I don't trust the Federal ammo, I had one not fire once. What I have seen work best is Hornady ammo, it should shoot better than you can (unless you are an ex-sniper).

Try the 150 grains they are the best in my two 30-06 guns.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mike Hill

Oh my god!

I thought I was the only one I had the same problem with the newer Cor-lots I had sighted in my Remmington 742 30-06 with the 150 grain 3 years ago and they sighted in perfectly. Last year I bought another box and went to check it. And I got the same disasteress results you are talking about seems like I must be doing somthing wrong. I had a few left in my old box and they grouped perfect again.I double checked all the lot numbers they matched. I thought I got a bad box so I went to a different store and bought another box and still had the same bad results. I had to go to Federal peermier and had great results. I don' t know what they did but I will never use them again except for function checks. Mike
I had the same problem last year shooting Corelokts out of my 742. I wasbrushing the barrell out after every two or three shots. I would get two shots side by side in the bullseye at 100yds and then the third would beway high. I didn't think it was me because I had just shot a .5" three shot group with my other rifle. I took a little longer between shots to let the barrell cool, and the groups were more respectable.

I still prefer Federal in my rifles, but I have taken a few deer with Corelokts also.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sniper151

I get excellent results with Core Lockts. Try a different grain bullet in your 30:06.
In my .30-06 I was shooting Corelokts exclusively. I was having a hard time getting my groups down under 3 in. at 100yrds. That was with the 150 grns. When I switched to 180, it shot under 1 in (in a vise, I'm good, but not that good).

When I was BSing with the range master, he looked at me like this was common knowledge. Apparently, a lot of people are finding that Remingtons prefer heavier bullets.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have had good shootin with core lokts. i always believed that you should go with ammo thats readily available just in case. i could be hunting some out of the way places and there would always seem to be a box of those core lokts in any k-mart or truck stop gas station. not that i dont bring 4 or 5 boxes with me.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Corelokts have always shot well for me on paper targets. I've never shot one at a game animal...........
Old 07-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

I have almost put 500 Core-Lokt, 150 grain bullets down two 7mm Rem Mags of mine. They shoot just as good as higher dollar Nolser BTs that I have tried. Just ordered another 500 round box of the them from Midway last night as well.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

Yea, guns are like women. Real dang particular/peculiar. I have grown to love Federal ammo. I had a Steyr SBS mountain in 270 that shot a .5?? inch five shot group at 100yds. off of bags. I couldn't get my hand loads that small. That was outside edge to outside edge, not center to center fellas. Yea i know, i carried that target around every where i went. I was using there Vital-Shok loaded with 130gr. Sierra Game Kings. I sold that gun to buy an engagment ring. I am still going to the shrink over it. But the wife is realpretty and a dang good cook.

Quick Reply: Problems with Remington Corelockt?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.