Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

REMINGTON 710

Old 02-14-2006, 09:41 AM

Default RE: REMINGTON 710

I dont know about the 710's but the 700 stainless model just went way down in price @ Sportmans Warehouse here. I think its because they just came out with that trinite(or something like that??) coated models. You can even get the Ultra Mags for about $470.00 there for stainless synthetic.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

I was looking today and you can get the 700 ADL for 369.00 the the stevens for 299.99 or the 710 for 329.00 So I would buy the stevens or the adl you will get a much better gun I dont like the 710 Im sure they work but They are to cheaply made look like hell and the one I seen the guy at the range shoot didnt shoot well either but if thats what your budjet allows good luck
Old 02-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

I actually won a 710 at a WTU banquet and didn't have any problems with it. The action wasn't real smooth but got better the more it was used. It did print on paper right from the box using 30/06 150gr. Federals. I rescoped it after 1 year and it helped greatly, I was printing 1-1 1/4" groups at 100 yds. I killed 2 deer with it one at about 15 feet (no accuracy problem there) and another about 90 yds. off hand. Did the job both times. I have several other deer rifles so this doesn't get all that much use. Decent entry level firearm. If you can find one used they are going for about $295.00.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was looking for a synthetic gun in camo that shot well and had a durable stock. The Camo stock seems very rugged

Old 02-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

Ya know, if they were considerably cheaper than a 700 I would consider one. The target price isnt low enough. A stevens carries more of a reputation and is about the same price. I dont doubt the reliability of it, they just need to re-think the price a bit. 50 cheaper and I would get one in 270. EJ
Old 02-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

No offense to those that own one but they gould give them away and I still wouldn't take them up on the offer. They are meant for one thing only. To put a bullet down range as cheaply as possible.

Press fit barrels... Plastic in the receiver, although they are suppose to have changed that... Non adjsutable trigger in a plastic housing... terrible bolt stop... plastic bolt shroud... plastic rear tang... recol lug is not attached to anything but rather sandwiched into the stock and is removable... Break something as simple as the magazine latch and be prepared to order an entire stock assembly.

Oh, did I mention plastic?

Old 01-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

Just handled one in the shop, action was rough as hell, it was honestly awful. The plastic rattled too. I'm surprised Remington would put out something as cheesy as that, it didnt appeal to me at all. I mean it qualifies as a rifle that will put a bullet downrange when the trigger is pulled and thats about it IMO.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:00 PM

It sometimes amazes me to see threads revived from the dead a year ago!
Old 01-07-2007, 09:01 PM

I have one and to be honest with you there really is no reason to get one due to the Savage package deals that they have out there for the same price if not cheaper. Heck, pay about 100 more for a Weatherby Vanguard package that even comes with a sling, nice plano case, and a monte carlo stock. Don't believe me? Check out their sight and average the price to be somewhere around 120 dolars below msrp in the stores.

Shame on Remington for putting that rifle out there for the price it is at. Honestly, it discouraged me from ever really buying another Remington again. Thank God for my Ruger M77 MKII Stainless Synthetic 7 Mag. I'm also thinking of buying a Weatherby Vangauard package deal in 300 WSM. Any experience with it? But that's a whole nother post all together.

In any event, I will keep the 710 as a backup and an extra loaner. But I don't suggest it to anyone out there because you can get a much better rifle in a Savage.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:10 PM

Had one in a 30-06 for four years, until today. I sold it at a pawn shop.For those that have them, beware: Thebolt stop on mine wore awayduring a shooting class while I wasshooting strings. The bolt came free and clocked me in the nose. Cheap fix, but embarrasing as hell. Then during hunting season, while on a hunt,the plastic mag latch broke. Had toreplace the entire stock because Remmy won't sell just the latch. Fortunately they were giving 710 replacement stocks away so it didn't cost me anything, but I'm sure that will change especially since they have ended production and replaced the 710 with the new 770. Read the company's release on the new 2007 rifles, it talks about theimprovements on the newer models, including a "more durable" mag latch, or something like that. Appears I wasn't the only one to find that flaw the hard way. So takea good look at that mag latch, and check your bolt stop.

I shot the crap out of that gun. It was accurate and I took my first - and still only - bull Elk with it at 300 yards. But it fell apart. I own Rugers now and highly doubt I'll have the same kind of trouble. Good luck.

Quick Reply: REMINGTON 710

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.