Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

308, 270, etc?

Old 02-13-2006, 04:27 PM

Default RE: 308, 270, etc?

ORIGINAL: buckstalker1187

Amen James...I totally agree with you.....although shots are managable at the range, they should be only tried at the range, not be attempted at live animals...
GOOD STUFF
REVEREND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2006, 07:41 PM

Default RE: 308, 270, etc?

I have two answers, the first is to James B. I agree with you about the 800 yd elk! I used to shoot at deer at stupid distances and I even managed to kill a few of them.I even gained a reptutation as a great long range shot. But as I got older and began to realize what I was doing I saw the error of my ways,and figured out it was just blind luck. I now only shoot at an animal I can cleanly kill, and this is usually 200yds or less. On the second answer it has to do with the price of getting started in reloading. I started with all RCBS tools,but now I mostly use Lee and I like them as well or better.I suggest anyone start with an econimical tool and if you like the hobby and feel the need you can always spend more money later. 200.00 will get you started,Lee anniversary kit, set of dies, powder and primers and box of bullets! Once you're addicted the sky is the limit, midwayusa.com