Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Americas best kept shotgun secret.

Old 07-25-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Americas best kept shotgun secret.

Gentlemen of the jury.

I stand before you and speaktruth!! I am not easily impressed.

I can't believe how well made this Stoeger 2000 is! The craftsmanship is simply fabulous! The machine work is every bit as good as any Browning, Benelli or Beretta I've ever seen.
Look for yourself and see.

Benelli licenses their revolutionary action system ONLY to Stoeger Industries. For all intents and purposesthe Stoeger 2000 isa Benellithat handles only 3"and doesn't have all the accessories of it's big brother.
It's a "Benelli Light".

What's ina name you ask?
The Stoeger name is what throws most people. Up until now, guns made in Turkey have NOT had a good reputation.
Stoegerisn't a name that EVERYONE knows so they won't buy it even if it's a bettergun AND less expensive.

A Mossberg is VERY low quality when compaired to this shotgun. I have NOTHING against Mossberg.
(Put them Side by side and strip them down to revealtheir true identity)
Please don't believe me, seefor yourself. Put them side by side.

The most amazing thing is that the2000 can be had for less than 350 bucks.
Can you get a gas operated 935 for $350.00? (new in the box)

I don't think so.

As a matter of record,other than the Benelli, every gas auto uses 10% of the ammunition's energy to cycle the action. Benelli uses an inertia system and doesn't rely on gas to operate the action.

That means that a load leaving the barrel at 1500fps out of a over under/pump/Benelli would chronograph at 1350 fps out of the standard auto. (1500-150= 1350)
And...
Allgas automatics get dirty and jam frequently because the barrel is actually part of the action and the powder's residue gums things up. A Benelli's barrel islike a pump gun's and can be replacedjust as easily. It is NOT part of the action.

Turkeys and Geese are tough to harvest and giving yourself a handicap is not awise thing. This is exactly why as a SERIOUS duck hunter, until Benelli changed the rules, I hunted with a pump.
Idemand the biggest can of "Whoop A$$" that I can deliver.

Besides, Benelli's are very fast. Tom Knapp holds the worlds record with aBenelli.

The Stoeger 2000is actuallya 3" Benelli SBE
The tooling and QA are identical to it's big brother!!

The ONLY down sideis the 2000 isnot chamber for 3 1/2".
SO WHAT!

For the money, the Stoeger 2000 is the very best shotgun in the world!

For less than 400 bucks, you can get it in camo too.

I rest my case.

Bill
Old 07-25-2005, 07:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Americas best kept shotgun secret.

[align=left]

[/align][align=center][/color]Stoeger Shotguns are now available in our online store![/color] [/align][hr]

[align=center][/align]

[align=left]The Stoeger Model 2000 is the only shotgun licensed to use Benelli’s inertia-recoil operating system - the heart of the world’s most prestigious and expensive autoloaders. Unlike common gas-operated guns whose fore-ends conceal operating rods, pistons, O-rings, valves and other moving parts, the inertia system is entirely contained inside the receiver. The results? A trimmer fore-end, better balance, more reliable operation and the ability to fire everything from light target ammunition to the heaviest waterfowl loads without adjustments. And because propellant gas isn’t used to cycle the action, inertia guns like the Model 2000 stay cleaner, even after hundreds of shots. Even in the toughest conditions, your new Model 2000 will keep on firing!
[/align]

[align=center]Product List[/align]

[blockquote][align=left]Product Code[/align][align=left]
Barrel Length
Description
Gauge
chokes
Type of Sights
Chamber (in)

Model 2000 (with Patented Benelli Inertia System)

26"
MAX 4
C,IC,M,F,T
White Bar
2.75 or 3"

28"
MAX 4
40[/size]41
C,IC,M,F,T
White Bar
2.75 or 3"

30"
Walnut
C,IC,M,F,T
White Bar
2.75 or 3"

28"
Walnut
C,IC,M,F,T
White Bar
2.75 or 3"

26"
Walnut
C,IC,M,F,T
White Bar
2.75 or 3"

28"
Synthetic
C,IC,M,F,T
White Bar
2.75 or 3"

26"
Synthetic
C,IC,M,F,T
White Bar
2.75 or 3"

24"
Synthetic
C,IC,M,F,T
White Bar
2.75 or 3"

28"
Timber HD
C,IC,M,F,T
White Bar
2.75 or 3"

26"
Timber HD
C,IC,M,F,T
White Bar
2.75 or 3"

24"
Timber HD
C,IC,M,F,T
White Bar
2.75 or 3"[/align][/blockquote][align=center]

[/align][align=center]back to Stoeger shotgun main page[/align]
[/size][/size]
Old 07-25-2005, 07:35 PM

you a rep for stoeger or something?
Old 07-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Dominant Buck

No am not! And who and where did you come from?
Old 07-25-2005, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like to hear from folks that have shot a minimum of 1,000 rounds from their gun first......but thanks anyway.

I also think that business about 10% velocity loss is pure BS
Old 07-25-2005, 07:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Vapodog, maybe that's all he can afford. Give the guy a break?
Old 07-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

The Stoeger 2000 is a very good gun for the money. It's quality is not nearly as good as the "B" brands. It's not even quite as good as most mid range models like the Franchi's, Weatherby SAS or Winchester SX2. It also costs less than these othersas well.
The Stoeger 2000 is NOT the only other gun to use the Inertia design. The Beretta Pintail/ES100 and the new Franchi I-12 are also Inertia operated. I don't really consider it a "Benelli Light". Benelli has more models than just the SBE's which is a 3 1/2" gun. The Stoeger 2000 is close to the M1/M2 than the SBE's. The SBE's have a two piece receiver as does the Benelli Legacy and Beretta Pintail/ES100. Weight wise the Stoeger is closer to the Benelli Montefeltro. There are no shared parts between the Stoeger 2000 and Benelli SBE. The Stoeger also has the action/recoil spring around the magazine tube as does the new Franchi I-12.
Gas auto's do not use even a fraction of the gas of the fired shell. If there were even a drop in velocity. It might be mesured in tenths of fps. Both Inertia and Long Recoil operated auto's will go a LITTLE longer than a gas gun between cleanings. It depends on the gas gun as some are far better than others. The action, trigger group, action/recoil spring assenbly, and magazine tube must be maintained just as any other semi auto or the results will be a jammed gun.
It's just as easy to change a barrel on any semi auto regardless if it's Inertia, Long Recoil, or Gas operated.
The Inertia design is uniquie. Unique proplems come with an unique design. Guns that have BOTH an Inertia operation and rotary bolt face can easily come out of battery. It's know as "Benelli Click". This design must move backwards after the shot is fired to load the Inertia spring for the gun to cycle. On straight over head shotswhere the stock rotates to the top of the shoulder. There is often not enoughbackwards motion for the gun to cycle the next round. Next to the Long Recoil operated design, the Inertiaopertation is not as versatile with load selection as better gas designs. The Inertia design is very easy to claen. Guns like the Franchi I-12 and Stoeger 2000 may be the easiest of all semi auto's to give a thourgh cleaning.
The Benelli cycles pretty fast but not as fast as some gas models. Tom Knapp no longers holds the record for hand thrown clays. Patrick Flaniganbroke it using a gas operated Winchester SX2. Here is another link for a pratical shooter.
http://www.winchesterguns.com/prodinfo/features/detail.asp?ID=72
http://www.winchesterguns.com/services/press/detail.asp?ID=32

The Stoeger is a very good gun for the money as it's light in weight, easy to clean, has a lot of features, and has pretty good quality.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:16 AM

Benelli, Franchi, Stoeger (and seemingly everyother European gunmaker excluding Glock, lol) is owned by Beretta so you will see alot of design and parts interchangeability between these brands. Years ago Stoeger used to actually be highdollar, European sidebys. I guess mother Beretta decided to remarket and re-align the name/brand!

I prefer my Montefeltro with Heavysteel for ducks (no sense in a 3.5"er if shooting something other than dust... I mean steel) and the Extrema. In a couple of weeks I am going to spend the afternoon with our Beretta rep and his complete arsenal of Beretta shotguns, Sako and Tikka rifles. Other than the Finnlite and Big Boar, my most anticipated gun will be the Extrema II,
RA
Old 07-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Stoeger 2000 and really like it, though I'm far
from thousands of rounds thru it. Not to hi-jack the post
but I do have a question and being too lazy to actually
research myself I'll ask here. Can I do a direct switch
from my 26" barrel to the slug barrel? This would be
ideal, so much so it probably is'nt possible. If anyone
knows, please let me know.
Thanks,
PKnTX
Old 07-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

Rebel Hog,

I'm like Vapodog, wondering how the Stoeger will hold up. The difference being I own one. Me and a buddy each bought one three years ago because of the price and it being a poor mans' benelli (namely me). Since we bought ours, several of our friends have also bought them. I have never had a problem with mine, using it for doves, duck,geese, turkey, quail, and some squirrels. I don't think I've shot a 1000 rounds thru it, but it hasn't failed in all kinds of weather.

On the other hand, some of our friends have had some minor problems, a screw loose here, lock up, etc. The most complaints I hear about them is that they kick like a mule, personally, I don't agree.

I own remington, browning, andwinchester shotguns in several different gauges, with several thousands of rounds thru some of them. So the verdict in my book, is out on the Stoeger. I'm going to keep shooting it, cause I'm curious if it can hold up.

dog1

Quick Reply: Americas best kept shotgun secret.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.