Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Americas best kept shotgun secret.

Old 08-19-2005, 03:59 PM

Default RE: Americas best kept shotgun secret.

ORIGINAL: Threetoe
Besides, Benelli's are very fast. Tom Knapp holds the worlds record with aBenelli.
Threetoe, I'm assuming you're refering to Tom's record with his Benelli M2of throwing 10 clay targets in the air and blasting each one individually before they hit the ground. You're partly right, this WAS the world record, until July 6, 2005

Patrick Flanigan set the new world record by throwing 11 clay targets into the air with one hand, and blasting each with individual shots before they hit the ground. And he was using a Winchester Super X2

http://www.winchesterguns.com/services/press/detail.asp?ID=32
Old 08-21-2005, 08:32 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: RedAllison

Benelli, Franchi, Stoeger (and seemingly everyother European gunmaker excluding Glock, lol) is owned by Beretta so you will see alot of design and parts interchangeability between these brands. Years ago Stoeger used to actually be highdollar, European sidebys. I guess mother Beretta decided to remarket and re-align the name/brand!

I prefer my Montefeltro with Heavysteel for ducks (no sense in a 3.5"er if shooting something other than dust... I mean steel) and the Extrema. In a couple of weeks I am going to spend the afternoon with our Beretta rep and his complete arsenal of Beretta shotguns, Sako and Tikka rifles. Other than the Finnlite and Big Boar, my most anticipated gun will be the Extrema II,
RA
DITTO!
Old 08-21-2005, 05:33 PM

"Allgas automatics get dirty and jam frequently because the barrel is actually part of the action and the powder's residue gums things up." Funny- I have put through over 500 shells through my franchi gas shotgun, in a week at sporting clays, without a cleaning and without a jam.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:25 PM

wow, i hate advertisments, and now they have hit the one last place to go when they become too much......
Old 08-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hotgunner21

wow, i hate advertisments, and now they have hit the one last place to go when they become too much......
You got that right....it's one thing to be an ordinary "joe" posting his results about a product but this is a paid commercial.....pretty clearly!!!
Old 08-30-2005, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like a firearms review to me.
Pretty clear it's in the right forum.

PKnTX