Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Ruger Alaskan

Old 06-27-2005, 02:33 PM

Default RE: Ruger Alaskan

This gun looks like it could hurt the shooter almost as much as the shootee.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Now you know, as well as everyone esle here, if you go and cancel your order for one you will just have to go buy one when your local gun shop gets them in stock. Either way you're still gonna get one in six months.

You won't be able to resist.[8D]

BTW, none of our distributers have them yet either.
bigbulls I know what you're saying.. I'm not sure what I want to do. I want one,but then again do I need one?I alrady have a SRH in Casull.w /9 1/2"bbl..I'll probably just let it ride for awhile.If it comes in okay if not Oh Well. My dealer doesn't have any of my money,so it's not like I'm out anything but time..I was kinda PO when I read that.First it was going to be May when they were to be released.. Then they shipped them to Alaska.Now problems with them.To me it's getting to be a bigger headache then I'm willing to deal with..I don't know how many have been shipped. I'm seeing them on Gunsamerica.so I know they are out.My dealer is a high volume dealer.Every week I'm in there asking.He doesn't know any more from one week to the next.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 06-30-2005, 12:00 PM

Howdy fellas...
Ruger-Redhawk, I know how you feel my friend. I live in Anchorage, Alaska and they're actually very scarce here. I've called just about every gun shop in Anchorage looking for one.The few shops that have actually seen them said they were gone after only 15mins of putting them out. But like I said, very few shops have seen them. The waiting lists are quite long from what I hear.The answer I got whenever I called was "we dont know when they're coming in"...If I had to guess, I'd have to say that Alaska has seen less than 100 SRH Alaskans. I know that other states have been seeing them though.A guy on another forum picked one up at a gun shop in Reno, Nevada. So they're out there. I'm working in Toronto, Canada for the summer so I've been calling long distance every few days to see if any have come in...I did manage to find a shop in Anchorage that had one left. I asked the owner of the shop if he would hold it for me. He said sureif I put adownpayment on it. SoI paid for it via credit card over the phone. Paid $650 for it. I come home for July 4th, so I'm gettingexcited about testing it out this weekend! I love shooting my uncle's 7-1/2" SRH 454. I'll post a review after I take it to the range.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

AKI Bandit welcome to the forum.The way it sounded to me Alaska was flooded with them. Someone posted there were 7 at one shop.You painted a different picture which I can feel your pain.At least you have one sewn up.650.00 is the same price I was given.I'm making a trade for mine.At this rate there will be a price increase before many of us see them.I'm sure Ruger is doing what they can to get them out to us.I don't agree with their marketing practice.I haven't heard any more concerning problems.

You sure live in beautiful country up in Alaska.Never been there but have watched enough documentaries to see it. You are very fortunate.

Ruger Redhawk