Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Ruger No. 1

Old 06-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Ruger No. 1

My kids like the wild game but none of them hunt right now. The two boys did before they moved to the city and got citified. I always take some meat to them. My wife has seven sisters and most of them can some of it and we make a lot of Sausage and Hamburger. I shot eight Mule deer last fall. We also shot a cow elk. My Brother and his family are always happy to help use up the meat. I am sort of the family hunter. I also keep everyone in fish when they are plentiful. We have Mule deer comming out of our ears right now. I have a small Hunting place in Western SD. We get a lot of deer there and my nieghbor has about 9000 acres that border me. They farm my fields and let me hunt their land. Life is good. My wife works up here in ND and the fishing is fantastic for Pike, Walleye, Perch crappie and catfish. We don't buy much meat or fish. They have extended the deer season in SD for the last two years trying to thin out the Mule deer. I have done my part. I could have bought ten permits if I would have needed that much meat.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a good area for Little Biscuit. Any idea what out of state fees are for deer?
Old 07-01-2005, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

No sweat, OldElk..I'm a little grumpy in my old age sometimes. LOL
Old 07-01-2005, 09:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am not sure what tags go for for non residents. Check with SD Game Fish and Parks. Most of the Mulies are in the West river area. West of the Missouri river.