Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Beware Barnett

Old 10-23-2020, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default Beware Barnett

This past week I noticed the string on my hand crank cocking device on my Barnett raptor pro xbow was fraying, I called Barnett and was put on hold, in meantime I went to web site, sent them a message requesting how to get a new string for cocking device, I am still waiting for a response on the email contact, Finally many hours later I did get a call back from a nice gal, Told her of what I need, She stated my Raptor was discontinued and they do not have any replacement strings !! This xbow is only approximately 5 years old !!!! You can get replacement parts for old washers and dryers, Cars ,Trucks, for a long time, Because of 2 shoulder and 2 back surgeries I really need the hand crank cocking device, She said she understands but nothing can be done, NO REPLACEMENTSTRINGS ! She said I can manually cock the xbow ! Very difficult for me ! So I may have to dump the xbow I like after only 5 years and purchase a new one, FOR A DAMN STRING< I also asked her for her supervisor, She said she had to email the supervisor and they would call me ! YEA Hows that working, ? Still waiting for a call !!!!! DISGUSTING SERVICE
Old 10-23-2020, 12:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Take your cocking device to a good archery shop, they may be able to make a string for you. If not there are a couple of places below where yo can buy just the crank device, a lot cheaper than a new crossbow,\.

https://www.fieldandstreamshop.com/p...crnkdvcnvrsabw

https://www.ebay.com/p/4010166866
Old 10-24-2020, 01:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Take your cocking device to a good archery shop, they may be able to make a string for you. If not there are a couple of places below where yo can buy just the crank device, a lot cheaper than a new crossbow,
X1. The string for my Barnett was getting suspect after 5 years. I did just that. The shop had no problem replacing it.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

It would be nice of the OP updated his post regarding solving his problem without buying a new bow.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:10 AM
Spike

I cannot remember what string is used for the crank but it's readily available and it's easy enough to replace. Google search should provide you that answer.
Barnett was purchased a long time ago and everything they make today is made over seas. You wont get much after the sale (in terms of service) from Barnett.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:55 AM
Spike

Best service I have ever seen has been from Excalibur - https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/