Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Excalibur trigger

Old 11-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Spike

Default Excalibur trigger

I just bought my first crossbow. It is the Equinox from Excalibur. I have never shot one before and was a little surprised by the noise, but even more surprised at the poor trigger. I do a lot of bench shooting and most of my rifles have a custom trigger. The Eqinox ain't got one of those! hahaha

You people that do a lot of shooting. Is there any way to fix up a crossbow trigger? Mine has a bunch of creep and a couple of rough spots. I suppose after awhile a person would get use to that but I would be much happier to just have a good trigger. I know it certainly isn't doing my shooting any favors. Other than that all I can say is WOW! I look forward to a few days in the woods before deer season ends. I would love to tap one with it and see what happens.

Thanks for any tips or comments! Much appreciated!

WS
Old 11-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

the problem is that with a crossbow the trigger is holding the weight. you bought the fastest Excalibur so its holding alot of weight. call DANNY MILLER . he is the xbow repair guy in the U.S. i belive he polished all the surfaces and works the springs. shooting it often will smooth it out too. ive seen talk of guys fixing creep and over travel. its gonna void your warranty though.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Call Miller [740] 483-2312, and see if you can send him your trigger box. To get at the screws holding it to the rail, I think you have to take stock off the rail. If so, be sure to separate the two evenly or you risk bending the trigger.

sending pm...............