Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Best crossbow target?

Old 08-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default Best crossbow target?

I need a new crossbow target to shoot broad heads and field points into, what should I buy??? Thanks John
Old 08-23-2011, 04:15 AM
Spike

I have the Rhino block and couldn't be happier.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best? Spiderweb. http://spyderwebtargets.com/
Old 08-23-2011, 05:37 AM
Spike

Spyderweb for field points ....rinehart 18:1 for broadheads
Old 08-24-2011, 01:40 PM
Spike

I agree with Briarpatch. Spyderweb for field and Rinehart 18-1 for broadheads.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shooting Slick Tricks and Spitfires, no longer practice with braodheads...no need for 'broadhead target'.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

I know the expense is prohibitive, but I have been shooting a glendale buck and feel that shooting at a life like deer target helps me more than shooting at block style targets. You can move the target to mimic the different angles a deer shows in real life. To me shooting at a block target does not give me that edge. When I shoot at the real thing it is just like what I do in practice. Just my honest opinion......

For Cossak, if you are shooting spitfires I highly recommend the Cabelas expandables as they are pretty much the same thing. I like the spitfires as well, but the Cabelas version is half the price. $19.99. And I have been using them for about three years and taken at least nine deer with them and have had no trouble finding the deer afterwards.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

The best CB target for the money I've found is a burlap feed bag from the farm store stuffed full of old clothes or blankets. Just make sure you cut out all the snaps, buttons, zippers. I've made 2 of these for less than $5. I realize you are talking about store bought targets, but I'm just saying.... they do work well for F/P's. And when both sides wear out. Just buy a new bag for $2.....
Old 08-27-2011, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cossack
Shooting Slick Tricks and Spitfires, no longer practice with braodheads...no need for 'broadhead target'.

yup... same here. Isn't it nice!!!