Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Parker Concorde???

Old 08-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking Parker Concorde???

Was at the Va. Sportsman show this weekend and got to looking at the Parker Concorde xbow. It looks good and I guess I could get real serious about getting one. The only negs I could see was the weight. It does seem to be a bit too heavy for a xbow.

My question is has anyone taken to plunge and got one and if so how do you like it???

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question

I guess we have a spammer here.

I also guess no one has any comments on this new xbow!?
Old 08-17-2011, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I cannot speak for the Concorde. I have a Tornado and it has performed beautifully .... which may or may not speak to the performance of the Concorde.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by Mojotex
I cannot speak for the Concorde. I have a Tornado and it has performed beautifully .... which may or may not speak to the performance of the Concorde.
Is it as heavy as the Concorde? I did notice that the Concorde is very heavy. Someone has stated that it is over 14 lbs. I like the idea, but if it is too heavy it may not be worth it. I may just hold on to my Ten Point.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

My 10 point was 24 years old and the limb cracked so I was down to the local archery shop and shot a few xbows. I tried the concord talk about long heavy and award did not like it much bought a Tornado and am very happy with it but have only had it a couple of weeks been out shooting it 4 times, so far am happy.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by lemoyne
My 10 point was 24 years old and the limb cracked so I was down to the local archery shop and shot a few xbows. I tried the concord talk about long heavy and award did not like it much bought a Tornado and am very happy with it but have only had it a couple of weeks been out shooting it 4 times, so far am happy.
Hey Lee, I was thinking more about the CO2 system. The idea of ****ing and de****ing it has my attention. In my hunt club we have some nice tree stand, but they are a little narrow and it makes it very difficult to reload for a second shot. Even though I have never done a reload in one. But my shoulders are shot and the gas loading system is great. One other thing about the bow is it is very quiet. But the darn thing is very heavy. It is not that it is awkward or unbalanced. It does handle very well for the weight.

Oh well I think I will stay with the Ten Point, it serves me well.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well my suggestion is shoot it some if you like why go for it that CO2 ****ing system is pretty slick. I hunt my own land and while some of my stands are snug I stand well over 6 feet and pull the 200 pound Exocet with one foot in the stirrup and the rope set up while setting in the stand, but I am 74 and am concerned about a few year down the line which is why I was looking at them.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

cool.. I just checked it out on the Parker site. The co2 system is pretty neat.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:43 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by lemoyne
Your TenPoint lasted 24 years and yet you purchased a Parker. LOL, man talk about a tough customer. Think if ANY crossbow lasted that long I would be buying that brand again!!

Hope you have as good of luck with your Parker.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

elkstalkr
I looked they are still to heavy and so over priced compared to the competition I started looking at the ones with lifetime guarantees, I still have the ten point it being repaired. The Ten point has a good ****ing mechanism for when I get older and need it the Exocet is the most accurate but the new Tornado is still being tuned and is very handy in close spaces. I like them all each has its advantages and if a person chooses the right one for the circumstances it makes a difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.