Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

may have problem with my horton tacoma?

Old 08-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default may have problem with my horton tacoma?

i just bought a horton tacoma, and as i was looking at the limbs before installing them i noticed these tiny holes at the end of the limbs near the bolts. only one limb has them, i called horton they said they were caused by air in the making of them. they said unless they are cracked they won't replace them. they said go ahead and shoot them and if they crack then they will replace them. but i'm worried what might happen if they fail, is this normal in a limb? i did my best on the pics i hope you can see them, thanks

Old 08-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

Does anyone know if this will hurt anything? I would hate to shoot it and get splinters flying. Thanks for any help.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:24 AM
Fork Horn

Guess you're pretty much stick with it if Horton won't relace the limbs unless they break. It may be normal for stuff made in China but it's not normal for made in the USA crossbows!
Old 08-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

yeah like bear said i guess youre stuck with them unless they do crack. That would make me nervous but i guess horton knows what theyre doing, if there was a chance they would fail and injure you id guess theyd be all over it to replace so they dont get sued. Just wear some eye protection and keep a watch on it. Im guessing if a limb pocket did fail on a crossbow it would blow out and away from you?
Old 08-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

i sent an email to horton with the picks this morning, i was hoping to hear something by tomorrow. i was shocked when they replied today, i got back from church checked my email and lee had looked at the picks and said it was ok. they are not cracks just where little air bubbles formed, he said everything would be ok and to shoot away. A+ to horton customer service. thanks to everyone who responded.