Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Anyone else getting the fever?....

Old 08-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone else getting the fever?....

Hey all... man I can't wait till early archery season. Especially since the temps cooled off a little. I'm really feeling it this year. Have my Vortex sited and ready. I've been practicing quite a bit too. Unfortunately I have severe spine problems with 2 failed back surgeries. Fortunately the state granted me a crossbow permit 4 years ago that I can use for early archery season here in Indiana. I'm going out to my stand site this weekend and lowering my stand a few feet, replacing the straps and clearing some shooting lanes. Talked with my buddy who owns the land and he says the deer are thick in there this year! Said he has seen some nice ones too....
Old 08-11-2011, 03:16 AM
Fork Horn

Hope you have a great season and hate to hear about the spine problems for you. I to suffer from back problems do to someone elses negligent driving from a few years back and it can make long sits tough sometimes. Again enjoy your season and stay safe out there. Good Luck!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Thunderchicken217
Hope you have a great season and hate to hear about the spine problems for you. I to suffer from back problems do to someone elses negligent driving from a few years back and it can make long sits tough sometimes. Again enjoy your season and stay safe out there. Good Luck!
Hey Thanks! You too!
Old 08-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

i hope to be ready sept.3rd, thats kentucky's opening of archery season. i just got a horton tacoma, be getting my scope next week and hopefully be ready for a deer or turkey on the 3rd.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

well I got my stand lowered. borught it down to about 15". Not alot of cover though. Was thinking of making a frame out of conduit and puttine a partial burlap blind around it. Anyways going out to moms to do some practice shooting at my makeshift range. Going to clear shooting lanes on Sunday then leaving it alone till opening day! Also going to prerange some refernce points and mark some trees with small pieces of marking tape and thumbtacks. Site looks great. Several bedding eras within 100yrds of stand. Im ready!
Old 08-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

i cant wait either. For me it starts with squirrel season with my buddies in mid sept to get the juices flowing and a little run and gun scouting, then bows come in first of oct.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nah, but my neck seems to be swelling and I've started to chew on overhead branches some. Wife particularly dislikes the holes in the rug and my peeing on my ankles.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Spike

Oct 15th for deer here in Alabama, have taken a 165lb boar in TX but first time to deer hunt with my Parker so yes I'm excited!!